1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1607&sid=af72239d5e9728117a9c9ae47d3aef25&start=10
Avid adventurer
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Avid adventurer
(( Bit awkward to read so here it is in forum form))

We're pleased to announce a victory here, people: A victory for SCIENCE! We're proud to introduce a revolutionary new piece of equipment: The Nickelbolt Emporium Quickdraw XT-2K! Built entirely out of those little bracelets those pancy ass fire elementals wear, the Quickdraw firearm is designed to fit perfectly into anyone’s hand. The grooved trigger and grip is designed to reduce the risk of casual slips and catastrophic friendly fire incidents. The hammer and loading cylinders have been polished and filed to a reflective shine to ensure faster reloads and cleaner shots! And not forgetting the best part! The sight mounted targeting computer! This baby will find your targets and letcha aim with maximum presicion, telling you via percentage output just what the chance of a successful hit is. Are you one of the schmucks that can’t even hit the side of a barn? Well guess what? Now you CAN hit a barn... a barn the size of an armadillo pup! It will also be effective against armadillo pups the size of barns but... assuming our animal apprehension units aren’t feeding them TOO many growth potions that shouldn’t be a problem. Don’t hold your breath though people, I’ve been wrong before.

There’s just one problem. We haven’t had a great chance to test out the full potential of our new creation. Our test subject volunteers aren’t great shots and they keep firing the gun the wrong way... as in backwards... at themselves. Now I’m not saying that we didn’t get any results from that, but still, peons are expensive.

That’s why we would like to hold an official quick draw competition! If you think you’re a good shot and have a fast hand then just sign your name at the bottom of this page and we’ll see you on the day of the competition. The winner gets to go home with 300 gold! Also, every surviving participant will also receive a discount on the weapons should they wish to take one.

((If anyone has seen the film "The Quick and The Dead" then I'm basically trying to set up a bit of a spoof for that. I think it'd be quite a fun RP event if enough people got involved. You can bring whatever characters you want. I'll set it in an easy to access area so low lvls can turn up. That way, if you like, you can even make expendible characters who can get killed off.

If you bring along one of your normal characters who you don't want dead then that's fine too. No one has to die unless they want to but if you lose, you're gonna have to get shot in some way or another!

I haven't put the dates or rules up yet as I wanted to check if anyone would be interested first. Please leave feedback and if it's positive, I'll start setting it up.))

The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
((Yay! A spaghetti western! <3 Sign me up!))
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Avid adventurer
((Anyone else? Sastri rocks but he's just one man! If anyone else is interested then please, leave your support in a post below. Without enough replies, I'm not gonna be able to host the event.)
Avid adventurer
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Avid adventurer
((Hrmh. Could be awesome :D I'll try and be there, probably on an alt.))
Adraea - "It seems Kayra has some points in Elven Subterfuge!"
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
((My lowbie goblin would be very interested in this. I'd probably have to wuss out and 'take the hit in the shoulder' or something. I don't want him getting killed 8( ))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your best friend and worst enemy is your own mind.

The time of the Argent Crusade, is meow!
Avid adventurer
(( That's be just fine Deo ^^ I don't want anyone dying if they don't wanna! Hehe. I might swing by the Keel IC on Friday and see if I can start collecting signitures there.))
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
((We'd love to have ya! :)))
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Avid adventurer
(( Keel didn't go so well. No one was really interested. I'll keep trying for a while. I'm gonna try and host the event on either Friday 29th July (Depending if Sastri wants to integrate the Keel night with it or not) or on Saturday 30th.

We're gonna allow people to use their own ranged weapons on condition that they use a mounted targetting computer. Should add a bit more diversity. Now is the time to start signing up. Just post you or your alt's name below and I'll add it to the list.

Once you're signed up, you'll recieve a calander invite, along with IC mail from The Emporium.))

Applicants so far:
Nomlir
Connor (Kalthoren)
Korimar (Bumi)
Phelaka
Sastri
Zephara
Kholai
Melovaiek
Hangran
Thárg (Ribur)

Also Adraea shall be taking the scores and such.

[ Last edited by Ridrick on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 5 times in total. ]

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Would you kindly add Barmthizzle to yonder list?
Your best friend and worst enemy is your own mind.

The time of the Argent Crusade, is meow!
1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1607&sid=af72239d5e9728117a9c9ae47d3aef25&start=10
Jump to :