1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1719&sid=6086abd67ce8e1f1555efea7920573c7&start=10
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
The scoop: So if you've been keeping track of the Dark Dealings thread in the stories section viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1663 as well as the various diaries from various character diaries, you may know that there is an ongoing plot line happening. If you don't know the plot enough, please contact me and I will do my best to explain it. It isn't as complicated as it might seem.

But in order to have this plot happen right or at least give people a better experience during, we need an enemy presence. It's not as fun to fight, talk to, or be attacked by, invisible people or characters that we can't at some point kill, thus affording neither side any real sense of accomplishment. That's, where hopefully you come in.

What I am looking for: People who wouldn't mind playing bad guys or gals for a good many events. If things go well, there will even be events that are mostly for the bad guys, and hopefully a good many events where the bad guys are clashing with the good. Most events will involve small or adverse acts of terrorism or organized chaos. I will need someone who is confident they can do this well, without power emoting, or arguing OOCly with other players.

What you can do Role play, and hopefully if you and those with your group are willing, you can establish this otherwise NPC character as a real character, with a past, personality, and a good reason to fight. You will be playing Horde avatars, but you will be Roleplaying Alliance races. Mostly humans and undead (raised humans), but high elves work as well. I will be willing to make exceptions if you can convince me why my main villain would trust you if you want to roleplay your avatar as an IC Horde race.

How to join: Contact me on Sastri, Kaeldon, or Rhyder, or give me an OOC in game letter stating your interest. If you join, I will tell you of the current situation and hopefully be able to integrate you into the plot line easily.

What you will agree to:

1 Being able to dedicate at least a day every week, or every other week, and be available at least at some point between 16 game time to 23 game time. We will try to negotiate times and days that work for as many people as possible.

2 For many of our combat events, we will be weaving the roll system in with party role play. It's not mandatory, but it makes things run smoothly, and helps cull the threat of a fight going on forever with no one wanting to "lose". But the roll system is more simple than some. You would make an emote of attack and then roll. Your target rolls as well. If your roll is higher, your attack would be successful. If lower, your target has managed to either dampen the blow or avoid it completely. I am okay with attempting an actual pvp duel battle if you guys want to emote things out in party chat but feel actively fighting in game mechanics as well.

3 As mentioned, we perform the fights in party role play. One raid, but you will be segregated off into different parties in that raid. One or two bad guys to one or two good guys in a single party chat. Your combat emotes will take place in this party chat, unless the action effects any surrounding fighters who are not your party chat targets. Example: throwing a bomb would affect people in the area that bomb is thrown, so you would emote that the normal way emotes are emoted outside the raid. Talking is allowed to be done in /s to try making the battle seem more interactive rather than everyone just standing around in silence. Raid warnings will be directed by myself, and anyone who feels they will need it. This raid warning will help simulate a changing situation where you have to adapt to the new status quo like in a real battle.

4. No OOC slander or hissy fits. This is strictly for fun, so keep it as such. It should not be taken too seriously, and while some events may be somewhat scripted, it is open enough for you to affect the outcomes, so make sure you ask me or the raid if something you want to do will ruin things or not.

5. Meta gaming of any sort will be answered by a burning at the stake. It's no fun if people spoil things for others by trying to have their character arrive at a conclusion faster than they realistically should have.

If you have any suggestions, comments, or ideas: Please do not hesitate to contact me. I am open to ideas at all times, and if I like your proposal, I'll do my best to integrate your idea in with the story. Bear in mind not all ideas will be honored, as the story is complex enough without massive plot alterations or twenty different sub plots taking place.

Additional notes: While not as much needed, you can also join as a good guy, though I would ask you at least try to roll a bad guy as well, so you can alt hop for different events, when unbalanced numbers of players on either side would cause a bit issue.

At any point, feel free to write out your character's response or reaction to any on going part of this plot. You can either write it in your diaries, or you can add it to the Dark Dealings thread.

That's about it. Thanks for reading, and hope to hear from ya.

[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Avid adventurer
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Avid adventurer
... God damn. This stuff makes me want to go and buy more sub >:
Adraea - "It seems Kayra has some points in Elven Subterfuge!"
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
doooo eeet!
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Master Poster
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • Master Poster
  • Website
Don't tempt her, she's away to study. That's a very good reason to not be playing!
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
:( See, she tricked me. Yes she did.

STUDY, WOMAN!

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
still looking, if anyone's interested.

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I still got a forsaken mage lying around if you want him.
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
with some MRP editting you got samuel, Togazore perhaps.

Then there's my new DK who is slowly growing less fond of the Ebon Blade, and might be coaxable in joining said evil people.

Debate is the first step towards a solution, Arguing is taking that first step back.
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
awesome. Will need more if anyone's interested. But Bumi and Zilly, can I put you two on "the list" for these roles? Naturally, I can't force anyone to stick to something, but once you're on that list I'd really appreciate it if--unless RL says otherwise--keep to that commitment, so I can have an estimate of where I am with planning events. Thanks guys!

But yep, as I said, still needing a few more. :)

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster

The Doctor is entirely at your disposal for this plan.
I've always built Dereck to be a villain as much as possible.
Now that the Dark League and Valornath aren't cooperating much, well, I believe it's time to take matters into his own hands. :twisted:
Let me know if you need an evil genius for anything!

1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1719&sid=6086abd67ce8e1f1555efea7920573c7&start=10
Jump to :