1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1765&sid=5e482c653a3eacb0bfc934d66c304c80&start=10
Veteran Poster
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Dark League >
  • Veteran Poster
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hey everyone!

So, lots of talk on the forum lately about dmf dying, everyone leaving and no rp to be found.
I love dmf, it was the first realm I ever started to rp on and I have lots of fond memories from here and still enjoy the rp on the server. I think it's sad to se people leave the server and the folks saying that rp is dead. So instead of us all just talking about it I have an idea on how we can act on it.

I agree that the rp on dmf has gone down recently, at least in some parts of azeroth. There are still alot of rp to be found but I also agree that it could be hard to find if you don't know any of the people involved in it.

From the discussion in the rant thread before I learned that what this is mostly about (this is my personal oppinion) is that the biggest problem isn't that there isn't rp to be found, because we know that's not the case, but that the rp that can be found is not everyones cup of tea. Which is fine, no one doesn't have to like everything. But instead of saying that the rp here is the wrong kind and look elsewhere it's better to try and make more of it.

I know that people like Zhinlan, Bumi and Sastri have worked to make sure that there are world events for anyone to take part of but many things like the markets seems to have gone down in popularity and I understand that it's not fun to keep trying and doing events that doesn't get any visitors.

So here's what I'm thinking. I'm going to presume that no one here want's the rp on dmf to keep declining and that we all wants to do someting about it. But I don't want anyone to feel like they keep trying and trying but nothings happening because there is no interest.

Therefore I've started this thread where everyone can tell us what kind of rp and events they would like to see. If there is a group of people that very much want to do they can set it up because they know that people are interested in it.

So get brainstorming! Tell us what you would like to see happen. It can be smaller events, events for particular groups or races, or large scale world events for everyone interested! It's all up to you! And if you find people who agrees with your idea, give it it's own thread here on the event forum! :D

Good Luck!

[ Last edited by Kiira on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total. ]

To conquer death you only have to die.
Regular
  • < The Diet of Wyrms >
  • Regular
Kidnap Ryder!!!
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Well...I had that idea to turn Un'goro Crater into an rp hub and look for treasure, battle each other over land and investigate mysteries...
But I'm not sure if it's a realistic plan...for one thing I think my guild doesn't have enough members to pull it off.

I think I'm going to do it anyway one day...Just in a smaller format.

Still, I'd love to take an area one day and get people to fight over it.
We did it once on Steamwheedle Cartel with the Plaguelands and it was a lot of fun.

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I really enjoyed when the Exodus Inquisition and the Eburi Knights organized tournaments, the first one having been in the Gurubashi Arena and the second one at Gadgetzan.
I really like the idea of an open invitational where anyone, regardless of what they do in their daily life and their affiliations, can come together and test their skills against eachother.
I was thinking something in the lines of a tournament we could host once per week, and the winner gets a monetary prize (realistically, a small one, of course). This would of course be roll-based to avoid the brutal godmoding I experienced in some parts of the Eburi tournament.
Tell me what you think! :)

Avid adventurer
The Emporium has been hosting events every 1-2 weeks but they've never attracted much attention. the quick draw competition got a relativly big turn out so I can organise some other sort of ridiculous science related event for everyone if so desired.
The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Weekly/monthly tournaments would be a great idea, attaching a social get-together at it. I'd definitely roll down to watch it!

I also enjoy mission RP among several guilds as one single mission / serie of missions turned to a RP event. Of course it requires some teamwork, but still a load of fun.

Broken dreams I’ll follow mine to the end of my borrowed time.
I’ve been walking down this road too long got my bags packed and I hit the door.
Then I make a stop at the liquor store cause my will is weak but my whiskey is strong.
Forum Member
  • Forum Member
I've been wanting to do weekly Alchemy classes in UC - perhaps every two weeks. In that, I can give people IC tips (which can help them OOCly as well) with their Alchemy, and at the same time I can also teach people Aurean's Blood Alchemy (My adapatation from the Blood Mages in Blasted Lands).

However, I don't know what kind of interest that would spark.
Veteran Poster

Dereck wrote:
I really enjoyed when the Exodus Inquisition and the Eburi Knights organized tournaments, the first one having been in the Gurubashi Arena and the second one at Gadgetzan.

We stopped doing those because in the end. Only our members showed up to it so now we've stopped with open RP event entirely or mostly
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
I remember a lot of people showed up for the Gadgetzan one, at least. I was there to that one. There were others? If so, never was told. That can explain why I didn't show to them, at least :)
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Veteran Poster
I can't even remember the Gadgetzen one!

We've had -
The E.I.G.G -We've been doing it for three years. Dereck one last years one.
Tales of Horror and Gore
The Maelstrom Expedition ( Still going ahead hopefully but not much of a following)
The Exodus Bi-Monthly Ironzars Market

These are off the top of my head.

and We've tried sneak or hint into other peoples events also with very little success but that's to be expected
1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1765&sid=5e482c653a3eacb0bfc934d66c304c80&start=10
Jump to :