1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1779&sid=86f7058a75280c5efdb6cc614e30250a&start=10
Veteran Poster
view posts by this user Offline
  • Veteran Poster
    Reply with quote Post a reply
With the upcoming departure of Skull marks the Treasure we will be left without a monthly market, which I find sad. So I would like to take it over.
But instead of doing the exact same thing I’d like to shake things up a bit.
I recently discovered the new Darkmoon Faire and I love it. I was really pleasantly surprised, especially since I used to hate the old one.
So it is my suggestion we use it to hold markets.
There is plenty of room at the docks to set up stalls and the like.

I already got some ideas in my head for the faire like a swimming contest and a wrestling match where you have to stay in the ring with the champ for a couple of minutes to win prize money. That and the classic things we usually do at markets like sell tasty food.

Now then, I’d like to hear your thoughts. Does anyone like this idea? Anyone have any ideas on how to make it better? Or do you hate my idea?
Discuss it here.

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
I love the idea! The only potential problem I'd see is that the Faire tends to get a lot of people who have no desire to RP and the event may run risk of attracting those who only want to cause trouble. But as long as you're okay and prepared for that, I say go for it! Does the Faire happen once a month? I forget.
Regular
  • < The Dark League >
  • Regular
Sounds like a good idea indeed.

That the event is out "in the open" can just as well be a good thing. Always a chance you can meet new rpers or people who may like it.

Also, Bumi, respect that someone tries to fill in the gap that will be there with smtt leaving.

Forsaken rp is not dead! It's undead...
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Thanks for the support.
And yes Sastri, Darmoon Faire is once a month, on the first week.

Anyway, I still need some people to run booths and the like. Because if it's just going to be us and the Keel I think the visitors might loose interest quickly.

Come on, people, you don't necessarily have to do something with your entire guild, just single people selling their goods or doing something to entertain the masses would be great!
But I can't get this off of the ground without your help.

Regular
  • < The Dark League >
  • Regular
I may have an alt now that is available.
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
And what did you have in mind exactly?
Regular
  • < The Dark League >
  • Regular
Honestly haven't put much though into that yet, but I'll come up with something.

Also, if you need personel, I'm available.

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
If you want to help, run some sort of a booth. :)

The official date has been put on the seventh of January and some of the planned activities will include (the ones running this will be named between brackets):

An over the top wrestling match (Inc. Inc.)

Baked goods like: bread, cookies, pies, etc... (Romalie)

A swimming contest (Inc. Inc.)

A crashin' trashin' racer contest (Zilona)

And a lot of food and drink of course. (Inc. Inc. and the Keel)

I'd like to add a lot more activities to this list, so I'm waiting for your entries, people. :)

[ Last edited by Bumi on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total. ]

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
awesome event list. You said you wanted more, so I'm just gonna throw in a few suggestions.

I see in real faires the shooting galleries and mallet knocking the ball up to the bell (not sure what that's called) do you want to have that in there too? Rolling could make it somewhat realistic to chance and aim.

A shooting competition. Ridrick might enjoy hosting this. :)

Dunk a leader. :) Verenar, Khakin, Valornath and others--anyone seen in the eyes of the horde RPers as "leaders", pretending to sit on benches and wait to be dunked with a good shot to a target mechanism with a ball. Rolling would have to be used, and it'd have to be a number addition thing, like you get three rolls, and if they add up to a certain number, then we consider it a dunk. If not, then the leader is safe. :) But each leader will have a certain amount of points, if you dunk them. So someone in the competition trailing behind others can choose a leader with more points to try dunking to catch up. Granted the leaders with the higher points would also be harder to dunk, so it'd be a gamble. So people would try for points after so many rounds. The one who has the most amount of points, after so many rounds, wins something, or whatever.

Why would the leaders get on those benches? Well, either they were, drunk, drugged and dragged off to this place, or they went willingly as a gesture of good faith to the horde.

pie eating contests :) Can be done with rolls or on the players' honor.

GHI game booths. A few premade GHI items will be given out to people who win--like prizes at a fair.

Door prizes, complete with small GHI bags--like the Sin Night bags we gave away at the door. Including a first place ribbon badge-type thing mentioning how you (the player) took part in this month's fair. :)

[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Avid adventurer
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Avid adventurer

Sastri wrote:
Khakin

I thought he didn't have sub anymore? Having run off to SWTOR an' all.. <3

But if I remember rightly, this means Meggy has all the responsibilities of Clan Leader.. :D

And hey, for an idea if this is going when I get back, I have one troll of a pair of fortune teller-voodoo type characters, who could wander around harassi- I mean, convincing people to give them shinies to read their fortunes.

If her partner agrees to this, of course :3 just an idea. But I'm not going to be back for a while anyhow. Good luck with thissss :3

Adraea - "It seems Kayra has some points in Elven Subterfuge!"
1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1779&sid=86f7058a75280c5efdb6cc614e30250a&start=10
Jump to :