Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1779&sid=62c8ef10a98419693f478afbde25afa8&start=50
Veteran Poster
view posts by this user Offline
  • Veteran Poster
    Reply with quote Post a reply
The meeting is over and we decided on a line-up of fun activities for the next faire on the tenth of March!

Dunk a Leader: A well known leader of a guild will take place on a seat dangling above a tank of water and a well aimed ball to the target next to it can send him or her plummeting down into water bellow! (Run by: Sastri)
Ball in Cup: A simple, yet fun game. 3 cups, one ball. If you know which cup the ball resides in you win a prize! (Run by: ???)
Riddle Booth: Coming soon...
Scavenger Hunt: I'll leave the explanation of the scavenger hunt to its organizer: Sastri...
Kissing Booth: As simple as it sounds, pay to get a kiss from the beautiful lady. (Run by: ???)
Face painting booth: Have your picture painted! (Run by: Trixy)
Sweetbuns Burgers: No faire would be complete without the mouthwatering TASTE-E BUrgers! (Run by: Bumi & co.)
Broken Keel: The personnel of the Broken Keel will be there to serve drinks that will quench your thirst and help you with any soberness related problems you may have. (Run by: Sastri)

And like last time we have some special events as well.

Firstly we have a talent show. Come show off your special talents and win the grand prize, the only rules are: No singing, dancing or magic!

And last but not least: The return of the Azerothian Wrestling League Tournament! Put on your tight, flashy outfit and compete to become to ultimate fighting champion and win the grand cash prize!

If you want to take part in these contests you will need to sign up ahead of time though, since there probably won't be any time for such things during the faire.
So don't delay! Act now!

Also, you may notice that some booths aren't run by anyone yet, like the ball in cup and the kissing booth. So if you'd like to pitch in (or have another idea) we would greatly appreciate your help!

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest for this event.
Maybe I should just cancel it all together?

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
You don't need to cancel it. Just cause people aren't posting doesn't mean they're not attending or interested. Just means they don't want to put the line of "ooh, I'm coming!" down the page. Also, you may not get volunteers. Plenty of people--me included sometimes--don't want to run something. They just want to kick back, relax. What few seem to realize, however, is if we all do this, we'll never have any RP. So a little teamwork is required. Any takers for some of these events? I really don't want to have to do them all, and I'm pretty sure Bumi's request for help shows she doesn't want to either.

Also

Psst, B.

Post this on WoW's RP forum

And the realm forum

Do NOT limit these events to just WoW Gamer. You're missing out on potentials who don't join this forum.

[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I need to cancel two whole parts of the event if we don't get any volunteers, the talent and wrestling contests.
And if I have to cancel those I don't think it will be worth it anymore...

Also, I did post on the official forums.

Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Is there some volunteer part that doesn't need too much brain activity? Could take a task like that to take care of.
Broken dreams I’ll follow mine to the end of my borrowed time.
I’ve been walking down this road too long got my bags packed and I hit the door.
Then I make a stop at the liquor store cause my will is weak but my whiskey is strong.
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
The ball in cup or kissing booth immediately spring to mind.
Or you could just take part in one of the contests.

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I'd like to thank everyone who came to the faire on Saturday!
I had a blast and I hope the faire next month will be even better!

Now I have to admit I wasn't expecting much from this faire. My heart wasn't really in it at the start because I expected that only a handful of people were going to show.
But, oh boy, did you prove me wrong.
In any case, thanks for everything, my faith in this server's population has been restored!

Though I can't help but think that Sastri had something to do with all those people who suddenly showed up out of nowhere...

Also a small update: I'm going to make the wrestling contest a separate event and it's going to take place on the first day on the next faire, in other words: the first of April.
The next faire will be on the seventh of April, though I'm going to make a separate thread for that one. I think the unclear tittle of this thread has something to do with my recruiting problem...

Avid adventurer
Just a Notice, I'd reccomend having this on the 6th, due to A: Us not being kicked out, B: You might have lower than normal attendance that day.
"If I find this on Ebay i'll break into your house and tear your wife in half!"
"There is no Eroitca in the world worth this Torture"
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
Had great fun, B and to all who showed up, the helpers and the patrons. Y'all sure showed that the server is still alive and well, and hopefully next time we can get even more. :D
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I stand corrected...The next faire will be on the sixth of April.
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1779&sid=62c8ef10a98419693f478afbde25afa8&start=50
Jump to :