1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 ... 9 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1816&sid=71899dc522066d8b103f2366614116e1&start=10
Avid adventurer
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
((Now I know a lot of people out there sometimes have difficulties finding reasons to roleplay or things for their characters to do. What I plan to do with this feature is to add a few more reasons and motives to the table. Introducing the all new Nickelbolt Independent Contracts!

The aim of this movement is simple; to add optional goals and objectives that characters can accept and complete in order to receive payment. The payment itself will vary to lull in a few more people. Sometimes it’ll just be gold, other times it could be a mysterious artefact, others it could be products or devices, etc etc.

We keep these contracts within the guild usually, but I think it might be more fun for everyone if I throw a bunch to the public as well. The contracts are optional, like I said. I’ll give an example: Say I put a contract up to... find a certain animal... let’s say a crab in the Blasted Lands. You and your friends could go and do a mini event and grab the crab as part of it... Or you could just approach the Emporium employees with a large imaginary cage one day and say you’ve acquired it. If you ask us nicely, we’ll set up a full blown event for it. Either way, it adds a little bit more RP to the world, no matter how much you rush it.

I’ll add some more contracts in when the ones below have been depleted. If you want to accept one, just post your name and the contract you want to accept below. All of the contracts would be available in a little box in any major city, including Alliance.))

The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Avid adventurer
1. Bestial Acquisition Contract (Horde)

Some of the boys in lab one are trying to work out how to add a bioluminescent feel to some of our domestic products. It’s in preparation for Love is In the Air next month. Chicks dig the glowy crap. We require any bioluminescent animals from any region. The wasps in Zangarmarsh are a good example.

Reward: Gold and an assortment of glowing stuff when development is complete.

2. Debt Collection. (Horde)

A genius called Grublok thought it’d be a good idea to borrow some money off us then try to jump the continent. He’s holding up in Booty Bay, drinking away all our money. He’s a goblin, he’s ugly and he needs a few punches to the face. The message here is just as important as the cash. Bringing back all fifty gold will earn you 50%.

Reward: Gold.

3. Special Delivery (Alliance)

We’ve been developing a special item for a very special customer. A feral druid in Ashenvale by the name of Saruneas paid a fairly hefty amount for this product, but we didn’t have time to deliver it to him in person. We’re paying a reasonable amount to have someone take it to him.

Reward: Gold

4. Artefact Hunt (Horde)

Some sort of object is emanating a strange signal which has been scrambling our feeds for a while now. The source of this disruption appears to be within a mucky cave in Dustwallow marsh. We don’t know what it is, but frankly we don’t care. It’s screwing up our machines! We won’t turn down the chance to research it, but it’s up to you whether to keep it or turn it in for the bounty... so long as it’s disabled.

Reward: Strange Artefact or Gold

[ Last edited by Ridrick on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 13 times in total. ]

The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS

Finally the types of guild jobs that we see in certain RP universes. You're a genius, Rid! Please, be sure to keep these comin!

Sas is in need of some gold, so you can bet I'll bring him around to claim some.

[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Nice idea! Definitely gotta get V some work when I have time to play again.
Broken dreams I’ll follow mine to the end of my borrowed time.
I’ve been walking down this road too long got my bags packed and I hit the door.
Then I make a stop at the liquor store cause my will is weak but my whiskey is strong.
Regular
  • Regular
Absolutly wonderful.
Regular
  • < The Dark League >
  • Regular
Where could someone find you IC to get some of these contracts?
Forsaken rp is not dead! It's undead...
Avid adventurer
I'll reply to any mail sent and I can also usually be found at one of the communities RP hubs, specifically Azshara (Bilgewater Isle) or the Keel. I'll also be easy enough to find on Rotten Limb nights as I tend to attend.

Alternativly you can accept a contract here by just posting your name and the contract you want.

Avid adventurer
I'd like to take a moment to talk about the status tags that are being added.

If the contract is available, it simply means it is eligible for anyone to pick up and complete within preferably a week's time.

If it says the contract is accepted by someone, that means someone is in the process of completing it and will do so hopefully within the next week so as not to delay the next set of contracts.

If the contract states it has been accepted but still open, that means its eligible for completion by anyone still. This tag will normally be used if we're expecting the original contract acceptee to take longer than desired.

If the contract is closed, that means it has been completed and can no longer by accessed.

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
Awaesome! This is so much fun! I'll have Sastri out chasing hornets and wryms in Northrend now.
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Avid adventurer
5. Assassination (Horde)

A fairly powerful tauren shaman who goes by the name of Gann Cloudrunner has been destroying our pipelines off the coast of Azshara. We aim to catch him in the act. He’ll be able to stand on the water’s surface so you might want to have some kind of edge to you want to bring him down.

Reward: Gold and the knowledge that you saved Science.

6. Espionage (Horde)

Some of our Steamwheedle Rivals are having a business meeting in Thousand Needles, trying to keep out of the way of preying eyes. We need someone to go in there as a chef or waitress and listen in on their schemes while they meet in the bar. Any Information acquired will be purchased from you by the Emporium at a reasonable price.

Reward: Gold

7. Pest Control (Horde or Alliance, 2-3 people)

We received word that someone in The Howling Fjord has a slight pest problem. A fully matured yeti has managed to cram its way inside the building and is now stuck. Apparently the locals are doing nothing to get it out so they sent us a contract to see if we can handle it. Killing and disposing of the yeti will earn you a cut of the money they sent us.

Reward: One hundred gold to be split between those who aid.

8. Resource Gathering (Horde)

An artist has requested we gather materials to grant him inspiration for his orc favouring tapestry. He’s asked us to gather information and photographs of old orcish ways of life. The best way we can of to acquire these is to head to Outlands and get some shots of the Mag’har orcs that live there. Some shots of their houses, their hunting, their lifestyle... anything that would help capture their image in a piece of woven art.

Reward: Gold and a high quality camera.

[ Last edited by Ridrick on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:08 am, edited 8 times in total. ]

1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 ... 9 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1816&sid=71899dc522066d8b103f2366614116e1&start=10
Jump to :