Veteran Poster
view posts by this user Offline
  • Veteran Poster
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Good evening.
I had this idea in my sleep that I would like to share with you all.
What if we made a makeshift characters and had a naval battle.
My proposition would be that two boats, side-to-side, one composed of Horde sailors and troops and the other composed of pirates, would come to blows along the coast.
Each ship would have a defined amount of health and a roll battle between the admirals of each ship would ensue, each successful cannon shot taking a chunk of the other boat's health.
The crew could swing over to the other boat and engage in confrontation with the enemy crew. Alternatively, the admiral could be slain (he would naturally have more health than a regular crew member) as an alternative way to sinking the enemy ship in order to win.
For this event, I would need a crew for the Horde ship and a crew for the pirate ship. The following picture is the location where said event would occur:

Thanks to Zilona for pointing me out the location.

If there's any suggestions you would like to make towards this event, please do so. Criticism will also be appreciated. Should this idea get enough reception, I guarantee I will organize it.

Regular
  • < The Dark League >
  • Regular
The idea itself is kickass!

According to the battle: is there a real reason for doing it? Is there a story behind it with characters we already know. Or with all unknown characters at the first place?

Forsaken rp is not dead! It's undead...
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster

Thornsen wrote:
According to the battle: is there a real reason for doing it? Is there a story behind it with characters we already know. Or with all unknown characters at the first place?

Makeshift characters. Meaning we would play with unknown characters just for the sake of fun. :)

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
Not sure if it'd have to be makeshift chars. If people want they could play their characters. We have some pirate RPers, and some characters being RPed already who are military. We also have a bunch of mercenaries in a full-on guild who might be willing. *coughs Exodus Inquisition, then goes silent*

But if not, we could always have some smatterings of alts as well. And I love this idea! Sign me up!

[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Sounds interesting! Definitely in if I can find time between my studies and work.
Broken dreams I’ll follow mine to the end of my borrowed time.
I’ve been walking down this road too long got my bags packed and I hit the door.
Then I make a stop at the liquor store cause my will is weak but my whiskey is strong.
Avid adventurer
You could make classes/roles for members of the ships.

You could have... say boarders and cannoneers and maybe some sort of diver which can go below the surface undetected. Could have masons and engineers to help repair damage or aerial units to do bombing runs... All sorts!

The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Veteran Poster
  • < The Dark League >
  • Veteran Poster
This really sounds like fun. I'm in! :)
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
when's this happening? :D
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Jump to :