1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1865&sid=a3892e8da47475c59d28ecfdfabd3aef&start=10
Veteran Poster
view posts by this user Offline
  • Veteran Poster
    Reply with quote Post a reply
You heard it right folks! The Sweetbuns' Fabulous Fun Faire is back and will become a monthly event.
For those of you that have never heard of it before, it's a joined venture of several fun loving rpers who set up shop on Darkmoon Island for one night per month and do things like: Prepare food, serve drinks, play games, draw some tattoos, organize contests and other fun stuff!

The next Fun Faire is scheduled for Friday, the sixth of April, starting from eight o' clock in the evening (server time).

We haven't decided on the exact line-up yet but we can at least asure you that Sweetbuns' will be there to serve some great faire food, along with the Keel to serve refreshing booze and Farston's Tattoo Booth.
There also will be at least two contests.

Stay tuned to this thread for updates!

[ Last edited by Bumi on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total. ]

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Okay, so when should we meet up to decide what to put in the next faire, folks?
Soon I hope? :D

Also, if anyone would like to organize a fun activity at the faire, speak up and we'll make it happen!

Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Hmmm...It would seem I have reached a dilemma.
The Great Hunt is on the same day and I don't want to ruin that event by running mine and forcing people to choose...

What to do?

Regular
  • < The Dark League >
  • Regular
Well I have mixed feelings as well. I'd say move the Faire and otherwise, f*** it and just do it that day.

In every way, a good thing for everyone to first check if the date's not taken by anyone else.

Forsaken rp is not dead! It's undead...
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
Talk with Maggy and reach a compromise, maybe? It'd not be good, bottom line, to have two events on the same day, considering our slow influx of RPers to begin with. Neither event would be given fair attention then.
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
He asked me if we couldn't make the faire tauren themed, but for B that would be extremely out of character, since she generally sees taurens as very bad customers.
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
that would also probably defeat the purpose of both events, wouldn't it?
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Slight update: I scoured the Great Hunt thread here on the forum and it does mention the date, but I'm pretty certain we called it first.
First I thought it was on oversight on my part, that we decided to put the faire on the sixth of April without seeing if there weren't any other events planned.
But I found out this isn't the case.

In theory we could move the date, but we have only have a week to work with until the faire is over again and then we have to wait a whole month before we can organize another one.
Personally I'm booked the entire week and because I have to work in the weekend, I can't set it on a weekend either.

Now we haven't done any actual planning yet (because no one responded to my question as to when would be a good time to have a meeting), but I think I have enough things in mind to carry the faire on my own.
I was planning to do a trivia quiz for instance.

So the only thing we can do is either to go ahead with it and see what happens or to cancel the whole thing and wait another month...or we could try to convince Magna to move his event.

UPDATE: On second thought...Thursday would actually be a much better day for me. I have a day off on Friday so I can make it as late as I want.
Why didn't I realise that before? I don't know what I was thinking...

Regular
  • < The Dark League >
  • Regular
Thursday could work for Farston, though can't make a promise for that day.

I will try and be there to do my thing.

Forsaken rp is not dead! It's undead...
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Well, that settles it then.
This month's faire will be on Thursday, the fifth.

1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1865&sid=a3892e8da47475c59d28ecfdfabd3aef&start=10
Jump to :