Avid adventurer
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
The Dawnwalker's crew has been tasked to combat and destroy two Nickelbolt armed trade vessels. They will be doing this in a well planned, prepared naval battle event, featuring cannons, sails and possibly a kraken.

I've been writing this event for a while, and predict it will require a crew of around 10-12 people. Anyone who wishes to join this event, as either a temporary pirate character or as their own one will have an opportunity to perform a small crafting event to construct a useful (or terrible) upgrade for the ship's weaponry or body. On the day of the event, all constructed upgrades and weapons will be available for use, each with their own fun ruleset based on the effectiveness of your construction, determined by me and a dice. If there are not enough crew members on the day of the event, the number will be bulked out with npcs.

The event will be pretty hectic and will have a lot of things that need doing for all crew members. I've got a few pages for the rules but I'll be light with them and will only share what's needed so no one is overwhelmed. If you're interested in joining the Dawnwalker's crew, please tell me by posting below and we can have you integrated in. Remember, expendable characters are fun too! Nothing like a little bit of death to complete a combat scene.

The rules cover a variety of aspects, including wind direction, cannon range, shot types and hull integrity. It's quite extensive, and boring to read, but in the hands of a GM, it should provide an exciting and dynamic event.

[ Last edited by Ridrick on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total. ]

The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Avid adventurer
To provide a few examples of the kind of upgrades that have been constructed so far:

A napalm launcher mounted to the bow of the ship.
A selection of incense cannon balls, crafted by a peaceful pandaren
A cannon ball inscribed with summoning glyphs, so that imps will burst out of it upon impact

And I believe we're currently constructing a cannon that fires cookies...

So as you can see, there's plenty of room to be creative and even a little bit silly... So long as you can justify it! Or rather, so long as your character can.

Anorin has also got hold of something called an N'zothian Caller, designed to summon a kraken (the tentacled kind, not the fish kind) thanks to his dealings with some ancient naga.

[ Last edited by Ridrick on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total. ]

The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Avid adventurer
Here's what you know about the Emporium ships.

They vastly outgun your basic, initial loadout, with triple barreled rotating cannons, capable of firing 12 cannon balls per round.
They have no cannons on the bow, or rear of the ship.
Their armour is weaker at the bow and rear of the ship.
They do not use the wind. They are pulled forward by machines and turbines, and can move 150m per round.
They are mostly non-flammable, but the crew is not.
They are known to be kitted out with standard iron shot, grape shot (anti personnel) flaming arrow shots and chain-link shots.
They may have tricks up their sleeves.
Their captains are well schooled in the arts of discipline, and provide a passive morale boost to their crews.

The Dawnwalker on the other hand;
Has single fire cannons. 12 of them, 4 on port, 4 on starboard, 2 front port, 2 front starboard, meaning it can fire forward.
It is made of wood and flammable.
It uses sails to move, and can move much faster than the Emporium ships when with the wind, but slower against it. Up to 300m per round with the wind, up to 200m per round without the wind, but only 100m a round against it.
Along with a few dozen standard shot cannon balls, they also have 5 chain-link shots, 3 incense shots, 3 imp shots, and a flamethrower.
The armour is identical on all sides.

[ Last edited by Ridrick on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total. ]

Avid adventurer

Ridrick wrote:
A napalm launcher mounted to the bow of the ship.
A selection of incense cannon balls, crafted by a peaceful pandaren
A cannon ball inscribed with summoning glyphs, so that imps will burst out of it upon impact

And I believe we're currently constructing a cannon that fires cookies..

COOKIES! YES! Lucy should be able to supply them, being the cookie-conjurer. :P Shes currently teaching Percy ~

But yes; if anyone has partaked in any of Ridrick's events in the past would agree Ridrick's events are well laid out, and awesome fun, and quite laid back (a nice laid back), and have a good story to them and motivation. Nobody gets left out and everyone gets included. :3 And everyone gets their small nugget of the spotlight.

So to those who have, do eeet! I urge you aaaall! *tugs* Uuurgggeeee ~

Avid adventurer
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Avid adventurer
Curses. You've reminded me I have yet to make a guild page for the fleet :(

I am however, very much looking forward to the event :D I know how well you plan things, and I'm glad it's been opened up to everyone so they can participate.

(The Dawnwalker Fleet is currently a small pirate-based guild. All races are accepted, characters taken according to personality rather than class. Ie, Warlocks that don't have an obsession with raining felfire on things are more than welcome, shamans or mages (for example) that like setting fire to things whenever they can are less welcome.)

Adraea - "It seems Kayra has some points in Elven Subterfuge!"
Avid adventurer
Bit short notice but this is tomorrow/later today: Thursday 27th December at 19:00 server time. If you want to attend and don't have a character in the guild, you're allowed to build a temporary pirate persona using any of your Horde characters.
Jump to :