1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1004&sid=ae342fdc76ba39073e922015c9c2bda2&start=10
Master Poster
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
    Reply with quote Post a reply
First, a disclaimer:

THIS IS A CATACLYSM BETA RELATED AND COULD BE SEEN AS A SLIGHT SPOILER, PLEASE DO NOT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU IF YOU CLICK ON THE LINK!

Certain place that I'm not going to say here because people might consider it a spoiler, wasn't epic enough for some, so WoW environment team put the TOP MEN to epicify it bit more... See what was added.

Right, now I can type in the spoiler also I guess. You can see that someone with double L in the end of his name is near stormy waters in Cataclysm.

[ Last edited by Zugfar on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. ]

Regular
Oh god...Deathwing is nothing compared to this!
http://blackmist.guildportal.com - Blackmist's home.
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
I'm amused a flying raptor-cannon-guitar-shark flying through northrend got moved to the cata forums xD

Blackthrone wrote:
I'm amused a flying raptor-cannon-guitar-shark flying through northrend got moved to the cata forums xD

Well, the post did have big red letters announcing a Cata spoiler. But now you come to mention it, I am rather amused myself. I think I need a drink; do you have any more of that Captain Morgan in the oven? :mrgreen:
Grand Master
Well I suppose that's a Thrall standing around showing off his shaman powers. But I think the arm looks a bit weird, but I've not looked at orc males and leather gloves since I turned Mal into a dragonmaw in the good ol' 70ies.
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
ACE
  • ACE
What... In the hell sauce...
Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
It's in Maelstrom, let me explain why this was added to the game.

This is from the Maelstrom feedback thread on the Beta Forums, Valnoth is the Lead World designer for World of Warcraft.

Random Chump wrote:
What I meant was, I thought Deathwing was supposed to have bursted through the crust on Eastern Kingdoms. Then it turns out he came out through the Maelstrom?

I would expect the Maelstrom to be a far more epic place than it is currently, at the very least significantly larger than what it is. I mean--you have to consider it's large enough to score its own spot on every map of Azeroth....

Not to mention...flying into the Maelstrom...really?.....I mean.......

*facepalm*..

The first answer was:

Valnoth wrote:
Maybe I missed the memo on levels of "epicosity" or something, but I'm pretty sure the Maelstrom is a CLASS 10 epic zone. Though I guess it is missing sharks with laser beams patrolling the waters and Arthur Fonzarelli jumping across it with water skis. And dinosaurs.

Which was shortly followed with:

Valnoth wrote:
After reading this post I called for a meeting with TOP TOP MEN (that's two tops) in order to figure out a solution to the problem at hand. Frankly, I think we hit a home run. The next 4.0 build (or the one after) should have a Maelstrom that's between 10 - 50x more epic than what currently exists.

Buckle yourselves into your computer chairs or face being blown away!

Source:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9&sid=2000

Grand Master
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
*Innocent Whistling*

Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
Right, I'm guessing you were too amazed because of the new troll female mohawk to see the mind blowing thing in the shot... So I took another, where the thing is easier to spot:

There is no explanation yet, but rumor is that Thrallmar orcs were converted against their will to fel orcs, don't know what goes from there...

1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1004&sid=ae342fdc76ba39073e922015c9c2bda2&start=10
Jump to :