1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1192&sid=cddf067a0059cabb24b1da7f5a1dce17&start=10
Grand Master
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply

Quote:
Running Wild is indeed the new racial "mount" for worgen. Functionally the ability works exactly like a mount. This does mean the worgen are not bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access. This is also of course very different from the original Plainsrunning implemented for taurens. We have no plans to try and bring that ability back in any form.

Ultimately, we feel Running Wild fits very well with the nature of the worgen race. Rather than getting a physical mount, they get down and sprint on all fours. When you're playing a worgen, it just feels awesome.

YYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH

Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
That is excellent :D
Tauren used to have this aswell, called plainsrunning. It was removed though.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Regular
  • < The Eburi Knights >
  • Regular
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

(OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!).

Major dislike of this! :( I'm really hoping this is just a method of prolonging the final Mount Decision for Worgen. My - and alot of other people's - Worgen RP is going to be based around trying to hide my fangs, so having to lollop through the forests isn't going to fit in at all. And I bet that we'll have our tongues hanging out. /dissapprove.
However I suppose it's not all lost, we still may have our Pony and Traps. (

Quote:
This does mean the worgen are not bringing faction mounts to the table which other Alliance races can access.
).
Grand Master
Worgen may ride other faction mounts, so you can just get a horse.
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Forum Whore
  • Forum Whore
Neat.
How ridiculous and unrealistic is the man who is astonished at anything that happens in nature.

- Marcus Aurelius
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore
WOOOOOOT awesomeness!
~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
Veteran Poster
This is Awesome-sauce! I really like this since it adds a bit more diversity to it!
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster

FailMage wrote:
My - and alot of other people's - Worgen RP is going to be based around trying to hide my fangs.

The thing is, if I remember rightly, any action you take does (may have been changed, or get changed) turns you into your worgen form, including mounting. So, as far as I'm aware, you're currently going to be a big, shaggy wolf lolloping around on a pony anyway. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Personally, I like the idea, and I hope they do a good job of the animations =) Here's hoping there's a 'drop onto all fours' animation!

The blue post states that this is 'very different from the original Plainsrunning.' How is it? They seem to both be simply the character running very fast. What's the difference? I understand that the worgen counts as being mounted whilst 'Running Wild', so...did Plainsrunning not count as being mounted? Easily fixed.

Still. Speedy Gonzales taurens would look goofy =/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your best friend and worst enemy is your own mind.

The time of the Argent Crusade, is meow!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
  • Website
original plainstriding started up after you ran a certain distance, this is something you stand still and take 1.5 seconds to cast.
"Better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self." ~ Writer Cyril Connolly
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1192&sid=cddf067a0059cabb24b1da7f5a1dce17&start=10
Jump to :