•  Topic Masteries
  •   |  Wed May 23, 2018 4:25 am 
view posts by this user Offline
  • 1.  Masteries  » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:21 pm
    Reply with quote Post a reply
This looks interesting. Taken off MMO

Blizzard
The first bonus will increase your damage, healing, or survivability, depending on the intended role of the tree. The second bonus will be related to a stat commonly found on gear desirable to you, such as Haste or Crit. The third bonus will be the most interesting, as it will provide an effect completely unique to that tree -- meaning there will be 30 different bonuses of this nature in the game. This third bonus is the one that will benefit from the Mastery rating found on high-level (level 80 to 85) gear.

I love the idea that every spec will get it's own quirk. And huzzah, one of the previews they did was for Frost DK's:

Blizzard
For each talent point spent in the Frost tree, the death knight also gets:

* Damage – Improves your melee and spell damage by X%.
* Haste – Improves your melee Haste by Y%. This might allow us to remove some of the Haste in the Icy Talons line of talents.
* Runic Power – Improves the rate of runic power generated by abilities. While all death knights want runic power, Frost death knights would generally have more runic power than Blood or Unholy death knights (who would receive a different benefit from their respective trees). An Unholy death knight who sub-specs into Frost would still be able to benefit from this bonus, though because they’re investing fewer talent points, they’d benefit to a smaller degree. Mastery on gear would boost this bonus, and no other talent tree would grant

So looks like come Cata Frost DK's will be looking at haste as a strong stat. Seems to me they are moving towards the 'rogue in plate' feel for the spec...which works for me, given that's what I love about the tree ;p

It fits in nice for Shir's fighting style. I'm fairly sure I've touched on this in writings I've done, but when Shiryou fights he encompasses the whole 'slipping on ice' sort of speed; he's fast and relentless.

http://reformedmarysue.wordpress.com/
Donor
  • Donor
They tease me so much! I wanted to know about Shadow Priests, but I was denied!
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Durious wrote:
They tease me so much! I wanted to know about Shadow Priests, but I was denied!

*Adds own signature*

Given the other bonuses, I'd bet we'll get either extra mana or health regen from our abilities. I bet 5 g that the name is going to be Vampiric-something.
Grand Master
I remember something about Subtlety getting Arm. Pen, Haste and energy regen.
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Donor
  • Donor

Amarthana wrote:
*Adds own signature*

Given the other bonuses, I'd bet we'll get either extra mana or health regen from our abilities. I bet 5 g that the name is going to be Vampiric-something.

I'm guessing we'll get that, plus something along the lines of Crit/haste increases, also Shadow damage increase? I think the passive 'Increases Shadow Damage by X%' is getting removed, instead to be put into Mastery.

wouldn't be a bad idea.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Durious wrote:
I'm guessing we'll get that, plus something along the lines of Crit/haste increases, also Shadow damage increase? I think the passive 'Increases Shadow Damage by X%' is getting removed, instead to be put into Mastery.

wouldn't be a bad idea.

If the stat scaling is like today, I seriously hope for haste rather than crit.

I'd doubt the extra percent of shadow damage would be put into mastery however, since that stat is on our shadowform. It would change things quite a lot if we were suddenly allowed to do the same damage without having shadowform up (yeah, I know that our dots benefit, but seriously, we could do lots of damage and heal at the same time if we skip shadowform!). We'd probably see a lot of shadow/disc hybrids in pvp, though.
Grand Master
They aim to make dots able to crit. They just can't do it all at once as it would make some classes way stronger then they intended at the moment.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Shadowform causes two of our dots to benefit from haste too. I have no idea why they don't do it to the third as well, since shadow priests actually do slightly lower dps than average right now... but that's another discussion. Still, if they make all dots able to crit, and give us the damage bonus without having to use shadowform, I think the talent would become kind of pointless.
Grand Master
Well they will likely give most class/speccs major changes in cata. More then they did in wrath and bc I think as they said they would remove all 'boring' talents like simple added percentage damage with 'fun' talents like procs etc.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Indeed. We'll have to see what they have in store for us. *evil cackle*
Jump to :