1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=814&sid=a6e3b096e2821e5acda4491ce5ca7f4a&start=10
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
For those who have't seen it yet, MMO-Champion has given us some updates. Some things have been removed, like Path of the Titans and Guild Talent Points. Full details are on MMO - as well as a snazzy video, Orgrimmar looks badass, as does Stormwind. I hope Undercity gets the same treatment :P

Path of the Titans is gone
The whole Path of the Titans idea has been removed from the game. It will no longer rely on Archeology or on any kind of PvE/PvP progression and instead Blizzard will just introduce a new type of glyphs: Medium Glyphs.

Medium Glyphs will add a "fun factor" to abilities, and it wouldn't be surprising to see something similar to the Fortification or Breakthrough glyphs first previewed during Blizzcon 2009. (But probably not these exact glyphs, a lot of stuff happened since last year)

Guild Talents are gone
The guild talents are gone and your guild now gets extra bonuses depending on its level. There are 25 levels and each level will automatically reward with more cool stuff. The leveling process remains unchanged and your guild will gain experience through PvP, Dungeon and Raid progression, questing, etc ...

Guild currency has also been removed and rewards will just be "unlocked" after you reach a specific level or complete a guild achievement. Once a reward is unlocked, members will be able to purchase it with gold. Some of the rewards include guild tabards, mounts, heirlooms, and it looks like you will finally be able to have a guild tabard on your mount. (Just like the Argent Tournament banners)

New members of a guild won't be able to buy everything directly, they will have to contribute to the progression of the guild before they can access the top rewards. Each time a player helps towards the leveling he will gain reputation with the guild, the best rewards will require players to be exalted with their guild before they can buy it.

Archeology will be less important
With the Path of the Titans gone, Archeology will become a "true" secondary profession and you won't really have to level it anymore. However it will still be used to let you get cosmetic/optional items, get more information on the game's lore, and ultimately it looks like we can expect rewards similar to fishing. (Nothing mandatory, but you'll be happy when you actually find something)

Information gathered from other sites:[list][*]You will find two types of items: Common Artifacts will give you more information on the lore of a race, and might be used in some kind of collection game. Rare items will give you usable items, most of them will be cosmetic but some of them will have actual effects.

Raids & Dungeons Split
Raid leaders will be able to split an ongoing 25-man raid into up to three 10-man raids. Those 10-man raids will be able to continue from that point on, with bosses already down.

So far it looks like it won't be possible to merge 10-man raids into 25-man raids, for obvious reasons.

Information gathered from other sites:

* Raid IDs should be much more flexible. You will be able to join any raid as long as it doesn't have any bosses up that you have already killed. (Details on Wowhead)
* There will be more Algalon-style encounters—ultra-hard optional bosses for hardcore players only.

Rated Battlegrounds
Rated battlegrounds will be available for pre-mades of 10, 15 and 25-player sizes. The amount of Conquest points rewarded will be capped so that players who enjoy both arenas and rated battlegrounds don't feel they have to prioritize one over the other.

* The classic Honor titles will be coming back and rewarded to the top teams each season. (Details on WoR)
* The "Gladiator" equivalent teams will also receive epic ground mounts. Ground mounts because they want to reward something you can ride in the battleground and be proud of / show off.

Grim Batol Raid
The Grim Batol raid instance will be called the Bastion of Twilight, and you get to fight Cho'gall as the end boss! If you manage to defeat him in Heroic Mode, an "horrific secret will be revealed when he dies".

* This is an entry-level raid, just like Naxxramas in WotLK. (Details on Wowhead)
* It will feature 5 bosses, and an Algalon-style optional and ultra-hard boss. (The "horrific" secret?)

Skywall Raid
As expected, Al'akir will be the end boss of the Skywall raid instance.

* Bosses will include a djinn, a storm dragon, and a lesser elemental lord. (Details on Wowhead)
* You will be able to use regular flying mounts to fly from platform to platform.
* It looks really good. Really.

Deepholm
Princess Therazane (yes, that's her) will be a questgiver in Deepholm, in a similar experience to the Sons of Hodir's questline in Storm Peaks.

* The Ogrim's Hammer has crashed in the zone and the Skybreaker is still in the air. One of the questline will require you to find out what happened.

Heroic Deadmines / Shadowfang Keep
Heroic versions of classic instances might not be ready for the release of Cataclysm and will be shipped in content patch instead.

Old world changes
There are a more details on old world changes, especially capital cities.

* Stormwind has been completely redesigned to accomodate flying mounts. The Park of Stormwind has been destroyed by Deathwing and the Dwarven District now hosts a Bank and an Auction House. (Details on Wowhead)
* Orgrimmar has been redesigned as well: Garrosh is the new Warchief and is located in the center of Orgrimmar, not in the Valley of Wisdom. Goblins have their own area, the Valley of Wisdom becomes a Tauren district, and there is now a back gate leading directly into Azshara.

Miscellaneous Changes/Information

* Wrath of the Lich King had 1000 Quests, Cataclysm has over 3000.
* The current heirlooms will stop growing after level 80. There will be a whole new crop of heirlooms for Cataclysm. Goblins and Worgen will be able to start using heirlooms immediately at launch.

http://reformedmarysue.wordpress.com/
Omgomgomg!
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
Slowly killing off whatever enthusiasm I had for cata. 8(
Two of the most intresting features ripped out and the new profession rendered useless cos of it. It's going from "New and shiny!!", to another rush through the new zones then "sit around in dalaran with the raidmonkeys waiting for your random to pop" again and the random won't even be SFK or DM lulz xD.

I'm wondering just how much ofthe content they announced on their orgional trailer they actually are releasing :3

Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Yeah, I'm partially losing my faith in them as well. Guild reputation for example, just feels... wierd. Shouldn't it be up to the guild who is trusted or not, not game mechanics?
Grand Master
Gief guild nerfs!
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Saranini
I'd better be exalted ffs. I'm the guild leader! How the hell am I *not* exalted with my own guild.

You know, I love all, but one thing completely ruins it for me. Rated BG's. I was sooo looking forward to it, but what the hell is this? I NEED TO GET A TEAM FOR IT? A team of 10-15-25 people? Have they gone completely insane? What person (outside of PvP guilds) can find that many people on par with them for BG's? I mean, sure, I can get 9 random people, but I haven't farmed this much gear to be stuck in a team with 0 res hopefuls. Sorry, but no. Seriously, how they managed to think up this monstrosity completely escapes me. And it's not like hardcore PvPers NEEDED this much love, cause they already have their arenas now don't they. Poo in a boot I say.
Grand Master
But now you can bring all of VoV for rbg!
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Saranini wrote:
You know, I love all, but one thing completely ruins it for me. Rated BG's. I was sooo looking forward to it, but what the hell is this? I NEED TO GET A TEAM FOR IT? A team of 10-15-25 people? Have they gone completely insane? What person (outside of PvP guilds) can find that many people on par with them for BG's? I mean, sure, I can get 9 random people, but I haven't farmed this much gear to be stuck in a team with 0 res hopefuls. Sorry, but no. Seriously, how they managed to think up this monstrosity completely escapes me. And it's not like hardcore PvPers NEEDED this much love, cause they already have their arenas now don't they. Poo in a boot I say.

Remember that resilience, and skills too for that matter, are of less importance in battlegrounds. With more people, it gets more about damage and healing output than crowd control and survivability. In a BG, people won't be as aware of everything around them as they can be in an arena, so chances are that a guy in full pve gear can stand and all-out dps somebody (with much higer damage output than if he had gear for survivability) without even being touched. I hear it's quite fun to do so, actually. It's also a lot more about teamwork and tactics based on the objective of the battleground, not just killing.

Still, yeah, no teams!
Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster

Saranini wrote:
I NEED TO GET A TEAM FOR IT? A team of 10-15-25 people? Have they gone completely insane? What person (outside of PvP guilds) can find that many people on par with them for BG's? I mean, sure, I can get 9 random people, but I haven't farmed this much gear to be stuck in a team with 0 res hopefuls.

The "team" is only required to be a premade raid group when you join the queue, you can change this premade group for even every fight if you wish. It is not like Arena teams are, this is just so it is much harder for people to leech good rating, for example this takes care of the AFKers in battlegrounds. If someone is AFK, you will most likely want to not take him to the next battleground.

Saranini

Zugfar wrote:
The "team" is only required to be a premade raid group when you join the queue, you can change this premade group for even every fight if you wish. It is not like Arena teams are, this is just so it is much harder for people to leech good rating, for example this takes care of the AFKers in battlegrounds. If someone is AFK, you will most likely want to not take him to the next battleground.

OW OW! You seem to understand this better than I do!

So question. The 'rating' is personal then? For example, I go into BG, NOT with a premade, we win, I get a certain rating. Every time I win in a rated BG (but without group), I get said rating. BUT in my group, there could be 5 crap people, and 5 good people. The 5 good people win the BG and the 5 crap people are just crap. Isn't that leeching of the good to get the rating? So that still works then doesn't it? The leeching?

I mean, two good people can win a Warsong. I've won many warsongs with my arena partner, basically with everyone in midfield zerging while we do flag runs. This is leeching no, in a way? I don't see how this new system fixes that?

When you say, if I have an afker in my party, I will never want to be in his group again. But I have no control over it do I?

I disagree though with your statement Ama. Resilience makes a huge difference. I can tell you this from the perspective of my 0 resilience mage, and my priest who has tons. I've been in BG's on my priest, where I have 5 crap people trying to kill me, and I just do not die. Narci once died when we got zerged by 6 people, she ressed, runs back, I'm still there, getting attacked but not dying. Would never happen if I didn't have the resilience, and would never happen if the people fighting me had the gear. This is what I was looking for with the new BG system, a way to fix that.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=814&sid=a6e3b096e2821e5acda4491ce5ca7f4a&start=10
Jump to :