1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=871&sid=460557df11926cc97bd4a97587987555&start=10
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Many thanks to Mal for revealing this.

Quote:
So now the NDA is lifted, look away if you don't want any spoilers.

I believed that the horde had over-run Ashenvale and had pushed the night elves back to the brink of Darkshore. Boy oh boy I could not be more wrong.

The horde have only gained 2 new outposts in ashenvale, taken over silverwing refuge and the new Hellscream's watch over the new mountain. We re-fortifiied Zoram'gar and that's it.

The night elves still have MASSIVE dominance in the area, ALL their other outposts, bases are in tact, in addition they gain Stardust spire, Raynewood Tower, and Zoram'gar camp which issues the Black Fathom quests. Orendil's retreat now also gives quests.

We saw Astrannar under attack by horde wyverns in the blizz con photo, we assumed the horde burned down astrannar, in fact it is an alliance quest to stop the horde.

Not only that, the night elves have completely surrounded Splintertree post and are tearing it down, they have quests to end the East Logging Camp still available (yes blizz kept that chain), and everythine else is still there. In fact one of the horde quests have you going to kill night elves who are sieging the Morshan' Rampart which is the orc entrance to the Ashenvale in the South East.

The night ELves basically hold the Darkshore entrance to Ashenvale, they hold the Stonetalon mountain entrance too, this is where the new Stardust spire is, they also hold the Azshara entrance with Forest Song in Ashenvale and the huge expanded Night Elf Talendris camp in Azshara that serves as their base of operations there.

WE see a huge Night elf offensive in Stonetalon, Ferelas and the Night elven wing of the Cenarion circle are the ones growing the Cenarion wildlands in Desolace, the new restored forest in Felwood.

In Darkshore, it is the night elves that have quests to invade the Shatterspear troll vale village and alguhter horde and also take out the warcamp, the tone is definitely different in Azshara, from what I have gathered so far, the goblins do not assault Talendris point base, because the night elves are on the aggressive, as a goblin you have to stop a potential night elf invasion that has reached the gates of Orgrimmar as night elves are all over the zone sabotaging the goblins. There is also a night elf encampment where the old blood elf camp is on live. So as a horde you basically beat the back to Talendris point, which shows a much more aggressive Night elf race if you picked on .

Stonetalon mountain is a lot more even, the horde do bomb and destoy one fo the night elf bases there, the druid school at Thaldara Grove, however the night elves do shut down the goblin oil rig base at Mirkfallon lake and take out the Tauren Camp on one of the peaks near stonetalon peak. Even though the night elf base at stonetalon peak has been destroyed by an ancient evil, the Stonetalon barrow dens has druids of the talon and the Alliance have the upper hand in terms of the number of bases there including entering into a partnership with the Grimtotems. I am lookin for more info on what the horde do against the alliance in stonetalon moutain as it is quite the warzone, but this gives a Night elf edge overall in Stonetalon.

Onto Ferelas, the biggest night elf city outside darnassus i there now, plust they now have an extra 4 bases around the zone, as far as number of bases is concerned they are 2 up over the horde. The stonemaul ogres of the horde do come in to help the horde here. I'm not sure what the quests are here because I haven't done them yet so I'm largely going on reports and would need someone esle to provide a more full picture. The night elves do return to Feathermoon isle to assault the invading naga, also High elves and highbourne are with them in Ferelas.

This is night elf dominance in Darkshore, Ashenvale, Desolace, Ferelas, Felwood, Moonglad and Winterspring - even though tbh, Desolace onwards is a bit of a stretch, they do have more bases in Felwood though than the horde, and we know the horde have no base in Winterspring, but the night elves have Starfall Village and the Moonkin holy ground, Wintergrasp may yet change.

So we were thinking the horde had dominated all of northern and western Kalimdor, we were so wrong - night elves hold the sway of power in the north and west of kalimdor whiles Horde in the central and eastern parts, although Theramore is really driving the offensive in the southern barrens, we probably join the conflict at a turning point.

Saying that this probably makes up for the near complete dominance of the horde in northern eastern kingdoms with the Horde effectively controlling Eversong/Ghostlands and the forsaken in Tirisfal, Silverpine, Hillsbrad, Alterac - with the stronger arm in Arathi/Hinterlands/WPL. Yes like stonetalon and feralas have lots of horde, Arathi and Hinterlands have lots of alliance - but Stromgarde is still destroyed and Wildhammer and Quel'danil may be different now.

Don't know what quests involve

Looks like there's hope for Blizzard after all.

How ridiculous and unrealistic is the man who is astonished at anything that happens in nature.

- Marcus Aurelius
Grand Master
Huzzah indeed!
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
Wow, Alliance and night elf player reaction that doesn't contain massive ammounts of crying after these changes.. I take my hat off for you Ilathion :)

Also, the bombing of Astranar is quest for Horde, missed that because it wasn't working when I went through Ashenvale.

Regular
Excellent. Horde once again tries to take lands that are not their own - and fail :D (and even in a different continent)

Glory to the Alliance!

http://blackmist.guildportal.com - Blackmist's home.
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore
YAY! OMG ILLY YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!

YAY!

:D *infinite happiness*

Okay, it is decided then, Lelly is definitely coming back to WoW!

~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
QQ for hordies here then.

Alliance always gets the awesome stuffs.

QQ face.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Grand Master
Yes! Now gtfo our world, damn it. Then again, you might get a new Doomhammer persona, so it's only fair!
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore

Lethys wrote:
YAY! OMG ILLY YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!

YAY!

:D *infinite happiness*

Okay, it is decided then, Lelly is definitely coming back to WoW!

Oh, and did I mention:

"yes yes yes oh yeah yes yes" *does a victory dance* :D

~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^

Ilmaz wrote:
QQ for hordies here then.

Alliance always gets the awesome stuffs.

QQ face.

Screw you, Shiryou is delighted at the news, he always hated the fact the Horde were trying to wrestle the Night Elf lands off them :D

http://reformedmarysue.wordpress.com/
No feck it. Alliance always gets the awesome stuff.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=16&t=871&sid=460557df11926cc97bd4a97587987555&start=10
Jump to :