Veteran Poster
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Dark League >
  • Veteran Poster
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I just started my first Death Knight RPchar. Something I came across making her story, was her reaction to the death of the Lich King. In her mind, thoughts of veangence was pretty much the one thing keeping her sane and helping her lock away the guilt she felt after beeing freed. Then suddenly the object of her vengeance was suddenly gone. All that was left was emptiness.

How does your DK cope with life, maybe they had another goal all together, maybe they found new goals after the death of Arthas or do they wander Azeroth with no purpose, feeling a bit lost?

Do share your thoughts on the matter, if you have a DK or if you have an oppinion about them and the RP sourrounding them now that the Lich King is long dead.

To conquer death you only have to die.
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
I don't have a problem with Deathknights, they're like every bugger else, mere shells drifting along with no goal or purpose refusing to simply accept the inevitable and fade away.

Forsaken deathknights on the otherhand are another matter. Falling into the Lich kings grasp once is acceptable, falling into his claws a second time is unforgivable. They should prove they still have some honor left and fall on their own damned blades.

Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Blackthrone wrote:
Forsaken deathknights on the otherhand are another matter. Falling into the Lich kings grasp once is acceptable, falling into his claws a second time is unforgivable. They should prove they still have some honor left and fall on their own damned blades.

I don't really know anything about this, but do undead death knights neccessarily have to have been Forsaken earlier? Can't they be humans who have had a slightly more... unpleasant, death? I think I've seen concept art of a skeletal death knight, hinting that they could have various shapes. But as I said, I don't really know anything about it.

As for the Forsaken who do die and get raised again, I completely agree...
Forum Whore
  • Forum Whore
I don't really see the point of continuing to live as a Deathknight after the fall of the Lich King. I deleted mine. After getting his revenge, he threw himself at the undead hordes in Icecrown and fought till he was torn apart.

But then, I guess others may cling on to their undeath as if it were life, as the Forsaken do.

How ridiculous and unrealistic is the man who is astonished at anything that happens in nature.

- Marcus Aurelius
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
grim, Ilath, grim :)

yeah, the second part of Ilath's post is pretty much what took place with my dk.

I don't know if it's the case with yours, Kira, but my DK had its emo/angst part of life before the fall of the LK. so it had plenty of time to be emo and stuff. . even before the LK died. I sort of get the feeling she kind of vented all of her emo-ness out so much even after the death knights were freed from the LK's grasp, that the effect of the LK's death didn't really hit her --

well, it did, but she was pretty much 'over it' even before it happened.

well...at least there was no reason for her to feel even more emo, when she was so emo in the first place! \o/ oh my god, emo chars i tell ye....

umm, but yes- a part of the reason why my DK also remained 'sane' post-LK, was the fact that she..uh..*rises flame shield* .. had . . . ......friends ..

so.. ya, her friends were a reason she decided it was worth while to keep going.

but in a strange way, it was also the promise of finally being able to have a life. a proper life, not one of slavery or one living in desire of revenge.. the world suddenly seemed so much bigger, so wide.. you know?

that is how my DK felt when the LK died, (of course after the period of emptiness which you mentioned, which she certainly felt, too. i don't write much in my diary but i wrote an entry about this in particular, here if you'd like to take a look :))

❆nothing is whole and nothing is broken❆
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I started RPing Deothall Hillstrider after the Fall of the Lich King patch, so I unfortunately never got to RP as him whilst there was still a chance of having a bash at "the bastard", as Deo calls him, so everything prior I had to come up with as backstory.

Ever since Light's Hope, Deo has tried his best not to wallow in brooding and bitterness etc (aka emo...), and retain a sense of purpose. Naturally, his chosen purpose whilst the LK was around was to grow stronger and eventually help kill him. After he missed his chance, it was to help eradicate the Scourge. Since he wasn't particularly popular in Acherus, he decided to join the Eburi Knights. Now that he has a famliy (with the help of a certain green dragon), his chosen 'purpose' is to raise and protect them, whilst still doing his part for the world.

To return to the OP's question, Deothall likes to simply things: he feels that most folk worry too much and unnecessarily complicate life's problems. Now that his will is his own, he feels that he can put his strength to good use, for the sake of his loved ones, and for the sake of the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your best friend and worst enemy is your own mind.

The time of the Argent Crusade, is meow!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avid adventurer
  • < Cult of the Unbound >
  • Avid adventurer
Well. during that time when Ghaz acually died. he was basically more- abomination than DK. but considering that there were rocks smarter than Ghaz'Rokh. he ambled his way to the Eburi mansion and love kissed one of the guards (they did'nt survive) then got locked in a cage (That he made, specifiaclly for when he gets angry.) untill he sort of- came back to his senses. he then threw himself at the biggest thing he could find, commiting suicide by proxy with Skullcrusher the Mountain.

Saying that. i'm one of those people who don't RP my DK as a DK but rather a Greyskinned Orc- Until Ghaz died. bas as i said, more Abomination due to his bulk rather than DK. his daughter, him but recusomised (i#m lazy.) is a greyskinned orc.

The Pysker, The Witch and the Wardrobe.
Jump to :