•  Topic New hunter
  •   |  Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:14 pm 
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1336&sid=7f629560c611032eb925325830d010a8&start=10
Regular
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Vanguard of Valor >
  • Regular
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Well, I rolled a new hunter. It started with trying out all the starting zones and went on to 'OMG Tirisfall! OMG Forsaken. OMFG Silverpine. /faints form awesomeness overload'. It might end at 7.12, or around 60 when I got to Outland, but as long as it's going on, a few obesrvations.

1. It seems that my pet dog's bite has higher priority than growl. Since I cba to wait for puppy to get to my target, growl ends up unused on the bar. Luckily I can nuke the mobs before they get to me, but it resulted in 1:50 ratio between my dog and me tanking mobs. Anyone noticed something similar? And how to fix it?

2. Since survival fits the most with a Forsaken, I went that way. My Serpent sting, followed by Explosive shot are enough to kill most mobs before they get to me. Does it change later?

3. Demon dogs and felpigs are tamable <3

It's all fun and games until a mage gets stabbed. Then it gets hilarious.
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
You can set your dog's bite to activated by right-clicking the ability, that way you'll need to tell it when to bite when you need it to, it should growl instead. Or you could send it in, let it growl, and then fire off your shots. That's probably what you'll have to do soon, anyway. However, I levelled Alekii here during WotLK, so have no experience with the new focus system and levelling.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
I rolled a forsaken hunter as well to play through the new content. Awesome is the only way I can describe it.

Knowing absolutely nothing about the class, I just played it in a way that seemed to work to me. Exp is completely sick when playing with heirlooms, and I've already made my way to level 50.

1. In all of the time I've played, I haven't let Itsy tank once. There's no way he could have held aggro. Kiting is the way to go, or at least is for me. Adds a bit of fun to it actually.

2. Later, mobs will get to you when they have about 10% health left if you stand still, and absolutely never if you kite them the slightest.

3. There may be some new pets out there, but none of them compares to Itsy!
Regular
  • < Vanguard of Valor >
  • Regular
I was 28 by the time I finished Silverpine even without heirlooms, so don't intend to use them. It's good that ores are all over, or I'd be behind the professions even more than I am now.

Noone else has huntery experiences to share?

It's all fun and games until a mage gets stabbed. Then it gets hilarious.
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
Get to the important stuff!!
How is the new hunter in the battlegrounds??
:D

Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Blackthrone wrote:

No, what's important is who I should contact to get my new explosive-shooting, forest-burning, spider-loving murderer accepted into The Dark League! In fact, what's important is why The Dark League seems to be hiding while Forsaken superiority is greater than ever before. Seriously, my hunter's abilities to miss people with arrows and hit them with the explosions instead are not even nearly as important as that! :evil:
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
I just wrote a massive rant about all the problems we face and it isn't here. I'm even angrier now. :evil:
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie

Amarthana wrote:

Blackthrone wrote:

No, what's important is who I should contact to get my new explosive-shooting, forest-burning, spider-loving murderer accepted into The Dark League! In fact, what's important is why The Dark League seems to be hiding while Forsaken superiority is greater than ever before. Seriously, my hunter's abilities to miss people with arrows and hit them with the explosions instead are not even nearly as important as that! :evil:

Because I kidnapped all the officers, and I'm never letting them out of my basement never ever again ever.

Grand Master
  • Grand Master
No battleground information for you then.
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie

Amarthana wrote:
No battleground information for you then.

=[

Final patch is running. I'll be back online sometime tonight to kick yer an invitz.

1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1336&sid=7f629560c611032eb925325830d010a8&start=10
Jump to :