1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1237&sid=968bc978a324e63a52a9caef65d6ab2b&start=10
Regular
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I was going to write this out here, but instead, I will link to my guide on Wowhead. I do this because you'll get all the updates here, when I update them on Wowhead! It's also much easier to read there due to Wowhead links and such. Any discussion relevant to Shockadins in Cataclysm can be held here. :)
Saranini
Well, the way I see it, shockadin only provides one thing, and that is fun to the player playing the shockadin. In a group setting or raid setting (although I doubt that shockadin will be viable for that), I don't think it brings anything to the table.

Fun spec, yes, viable? Well, Cata ain't here yet, but I very much doubt it is. Well, viable for me, is looking from a PvP or PvE spec optimal perspective.

BUT! The above you know of course, since you stated it yourself. So I guess I wanted to ask what you were intending on doing with the build? What activity is it best used for?

So not so much a criticism as an inquiry cause I'm curious!
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
Honestly, I don't actually have access to the beta, proper, but I imagine it'll be best used in battlegrounds (perhaps even rated), and levelling, as always, when the spec existed. Any sort of PvE is probably a no-no. Certainly not anything serious. (Though I did used to PvE as a Shockadin. I owned. 8D)
http://darkmoonfaire.wikia.com/wiki/Sariella_Sunblossom
Saranini
Well keep me (well us, but I'm selfish) posted from tomorrow onwards! I'm quite curious as to how this will work out. I know about the old shockadin, I have heard the laments of the fun lost, so I'm happy that it is returning, hopefully at least PvP viable. Still I would like to hear from you how it is working out, especially on a PvP level. The best way to counter is to hear it from the horse's mouth. Not saying you're a horse... you get the point.
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
I've been called much worse. :D

Will do, though. Not holding my breath for 4.0.1 though, Blizzard has specifically says PvP at 80 will be unbalanced as a result of these changes. Level 85 is where the real proof lies.

Still, if it's viable until Cataclysm arrives, I'll be happy.

Saranini

Sariella wrote:
I've been called much worse. :D

Will do, though. Not holding my breath for 4.0.1 though, Blizzard has specifically says PvP at 80 will be unbalanced as a result of these changes. Level 85 is where the real proof lies.

Still, if it's viable until Cataclysm arrives, I'll be happy.

THANK GOD! SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN! Can you tell that I have been reading many many US paladin QQ threads :D
OMG I AM NOT 100% PERFECTLY TUNED AT 80 I MUST QUIT NOW FOR BLIZZARD HAS RUINED MY CLASS AND THUS MY LIFE IN THE PROCESS

Seeing someone state that lvl85 is where the real proof lies is terribly refreshing after spending some time in that cesspit. However, irritation and amusement are great friends in my mind, so I shall dive into said pit once again :)
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
Fortunately I'm not most Paladins. For example, I rolled in TBC (back when Paladins were one of the most underplayed classes in the game), and I'm Holy.

Hurr hurr. I like to think I'm much more patient than a lot of the newer paladins.

Grand Master
Most of the newer paladins might as well be your average fotmkid who used to play rogue.
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
...Shockadin is so god right now.

No, I didn't typo that. G.O.D. GOD.

I'm melting faces on live. xD

Malonnie wrote:
Most of the newer paladins might as well be your average fotmkid who used to play rogue.

Exactly.

Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster

Malonnie wrote:

Vanilla I played paladin, then rogue.. TBC came, I played rogue, then paladin.. Wotlk Came I played rogue, then paladin, then rogue, then warrior, and again paladin... Cata is coming and I'm again playing paladin... Are you calling me FotmKid?! :evil:

1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1237&sid=968bc978a324e63a52a9caef65d6ab2b&start=10
Jump to :