1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1260&sid=9bc7f77be57173f313405ec0832bf79d&start=10
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Hows any of our resident mages finding life after the patch ?
Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
Saranini
Boring. Fire was fun for a day, then it got nerfed (rightly so), but AoE got nerfed as well so it's just pretty meh and I don't see the point of speccing fire now.
Arcane does great DPS but it's really hard to move away from constant AB spam. AM doesn't benefit from AB buff any more so it's like OMG I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY FOUR STACKS NNNGHHGGHH ... oom.
I don't play frost, but from what I hear, it's pretty sick in PvP right now. But yeah, can't be sure since I haven't tested.

All in all, meh, but I'm holding out for lvl85.
WoW Addict
  • < Tusks and Horns >
  • WoW Addict
I have a mage at level 57 now (believe it or not) and now that dual specc is so cheap I am thinking of doing a pvp spec for him (Yes. Him. I has a male character.) He's frost for pve, though I haven't really had time to get to grips with thechanges. What's good for pvp? Any opinions?
A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
Grand Master
Frost, anything.
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
Frost is nice if you like to survive rogues and Ferals. A lot of damage absorption with some reasonable damage.

Fire is great for PvP, you have a lot of stuns at your disposal (impact procs ftw) and you have high amount of movement, too. I'm enjoying being able to cast and move with Scorch. Slightly RNG based as you benefit from Hot Streak and Impact procs greatly.

Arcane is... Insane amounts of burst. At four stacks of AB debuff you hit for silly amounts when you crit, and a combined AB, AB(PoM) and Arcane Barrage has never failed to be a near-insta kill for me, even on tough nuts like prot warriors. You're the ultimate glass cannon, though. Very little survivability.

This is all taken from 50-69 PvP, btw. No idea at the top.
WoW Addict
  • < Tusks and Horns >
  • WoW Addict
Thank you!

Being the rubbish player I am, then , I shall do my best to do a frost pvp specc, so I don't have to learn too many things at once....

A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
  • Website

Alekii wrote:
Arcane is... Insane amounts of burst. At four stacks of AB debuff you hit for silly amounts when you crit, and a combined AB, AB(PoM) and Arcane Barrage has never failed to be a near-insta kill for me, even on tough nuts like prot warriors. You're the ultimate glass cannon, though. Very little survivability.

Yesss the glass cannon is the SOUL of the mage class. I love it. The new slow mechanic along with the arcan blast makes kiting a tiny bit easier along with improved blink and what not. PoM poly still works at least. *bounce-pew-pew*

"Better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self." ~ Writer Cyril Connolly
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
  • Website
Spec bonus damage back up to 25% for all trees. Loving it!
Lord-Commander Kaeldrin Perilion of the Phoenix Guard

We are not currently recruiting. Please visit www.phoenixguard.co.uk for more information.
Avid adventurer
  • < Cult of the Unbound >
  • Avid adventurer
Never chain cast AB with Evocation not availible. althought, if your arcane or have mana gems. (my mage is only 45 but arcane.) you only have a 2in CD on Evoc? so, i never have to have MB's. the only thing that sucks is no Arcane int untill 58(might be 60) and no armor skill untill 34. and no food conjuring untill 38! wtf?!

as far as i'm aware. Priests get Prayer of Fortitude from a quest at about level 12, why can't mages get the same? i don't feel like a mage in a group, i feel like a dirty dirty Ele shammy.

The Pysker, The Witch and the Wardrobe.
Regular
  • < Vanguard of Valor >
  • Regular
I don't pvp, but in solo pve I like the new frost mage. Frostbolt is weak, but with a way of getting 2 FoF instantly on 30 second CD, it's very nice. And currently, frost is all about procs.

When mobs got to higher health (Twilight Highlands) I thought I had low dps, but after leveling a shaman I noticed it's not mage, mob health just scales faster.

It's all fun and games until a mage gets stabbed. Then it gets hilarious.
1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1260&sid=9bc7f77be57173f313405ec0832bf79d&start=10
Jump to :