Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 ./viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1209&sid=869a140da2adbd16cffba3b83907730c&start=20
Regular
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Yea good idea!
Basically Im going to tear more players apart than I already am! "Luxì the Bloodthirsty" Omnomnomnom.

Mind spike 3x = 90% Crit increase on your next MB (30% per Mind Spike)
Mind Spike 1x = 50% cast reduction on your next MB
Mind spike 3x = 3 stacks = increased damage on your next shadow spell like MB

Mind Blast crit = 4 second root

Mind spike x3 = Mind blast 50% faster -> Sure crit -> Hits for a ****load -> 4 second root.

Vamp touch on dispel = 3 second horror effect -> Similar to howl of terror and I believe its got no DR on dispel either. Also the horror effect lands on the target that dispels the vamp touch and on everyone within 10 yards of that dispeller.

Shadow word: Death -> If damaging an opponent with this and it doesnt make the kill on him, you'll gain 8% mana, if the target is on 25% and you've got the glyph -> Increased damage + spammable if you don't get the kill on the target, whilst doing this you'll gain 8% mana every time you use it.
(SERIOUS FINISHER)

Shadowy Apparition -> In my opinion it could be nice for BGs but I wouldn't take it for arena as the apparitions are slow, easily get kited and may potentially mess up a CC chain. More a PvE talent imo.

Archangel -> What can I say, I'm amazed were getting this. Quite excited to use it. 90 second cooldown, if used on a 5 stack Evangelism you'll gain a 20% damage boost and 25% mana. WINGS Animation :D.

If you mind flay critically hits the cooldown on your shadowfiend gets reduced by 10 seconds. Loving this change, definately encourages using mind flay more. Can be really handy since Mind flay doesn't cost much mana either, quick mind flay and you'll have a chance on reducing it by 30 seconds if 3 crits or even more if you've got alot of haste! (Haste increases the amount of ticks of a channeled cast in Cata)

Every time you get hit by an opponent for more than 10% of your health you gain 8% mana. I honestly don't see how we could go oom easily. Especially since they're changing the undead racial Cannibalize to gain mana as well as health.

[ Last edited by Destia on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total. ]

Practice makes perfect.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Destia wrote:
Archangel -> What can I say, I'm amazed were getting this. Quite excited to use it. 90 second cooldown, if used on a 5 stack Evangelism you'll gain a 10% damage boost and 25% mana.
Had to correct this.

Destia wrote:
Shadow word: Death -> If damaging an opponent with this and it doesnt make the kill on him, you'll gain 8% mana, if the target is on 25% and you've got the glyph -> Increased damage + spammable if you don't get the kill on the target, whilst doing this you'll gain 8% mana every time you use it.
(SERIOUS FINISHER)
This is so evil <3

Destia wrote:
If you mind flay critically hits the cooldown on your shadowfiend gets reduced by 10 seconds. Loving this change, definately encourages using mind flay more. Can be really handy since Mind flay doesn't cost much mana either, quick mind flay and you'll have a chance on reducing it by 30 seconds if 3 crits or even more if you've got alot of haste! (Haste increases the amount of ticks of a channeled cast in Cata)
Couple this with the slowing effect, the chance for it to proc Evangelism and how it refreshes SW:P, and you have a really good reason for melting people's faces off!

Anyway, shadow seems like it's going to be very fun to play in the future and I'm really looking forward to cataclysm.
Regular
Melting them faces like they're candles!
*puts on shades*
Yeeeeeeeeeeeee 8-)

Edit: Archangel is a 20% damage buff btw, 4% per stack ^_^ And also lasts for 18 seconds!

Practice makes perfect.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Destia wrote:
Edit: Archangel is a 20% damage buff btw, 4% per stack ^_^ And also lasts for 18 seconds!

Imagine the Shadow Word: Death spam once enemies go below 25% health. 30% damage increase from Mind Melt, 20% from Archangel, no cooldown, 8% mana back every time the target doesn't die... :twisted:
Regular
Also as shadow you get a 25% spell damage increase from Shadow Power which is one of the Primary skills :lol:
Practice makes perfect.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Not to mention that we have cookies here on the dark side ;)
Regular
There's a difference between the dark side and evil side though! Let that be clear! :ugeek:
Practice makes perfect.
Regular
Dead thread is dead. Hmmkay. Need to draw more players to these forums I guess. I keeping getting tons of whispers every day asking what "my rotation" is. PvP isn't PvE... But yea, suprised noone has asked me here yet :P
Practice makes perfect.
Saranini

Destia wrote:
Dead thread is dead. Hmmkay. Need to draw more players to these forums I guess. I keeping getting tons of whispers every day asking what "my rotation" is. PvP isn't PvE... But yea, suprised noone has asked me here yet :P

Well we're mostly roleplayers. You can see by thread activity. If you see how much there is posted daily in the diary and story threads, and then compare that to class thread activity.

Our priorities are just different :)
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
  • Website
In pvp for shadow I've just been dotting and running until I have three orbs and trying to get a mindblast off.

Not sure if that's entirely the way, seeing as my shadow spec is mostly for PvE as it lacks the stuns and silence needed for PvP anymore.

"Better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self." ~ Writer Cyril Connolly
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 ./viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1209&sid=869a140da2adbd16cffba3b83907730c&start=20
Jump to :