Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 ./viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1209&sid=bdab73c380c8f721103f73c9e1a48df4&start=30
Regular
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Yea I guess :p I'd still like to see these forums as the unofficial ones though since the official forums are just cheap, crap but most of all useless. Imo these forums need more advertisement.

Also I'll be making a new thread at the start of Cataclysm about Shadow priests, the state, situational rotations (Playstyle) , glyphs, specs and gearing advice. Will be easy enough and one thread would take care of all the whispers and will probably also make the player database here alot larger. :D

Practice makes perfect.
Regular
Discipline

* Rapture now cannot occur more than once every 12 sec, down from 6 sec.
* Atonement (Rank 1) now heals for 50% of the damage dealt, down from 100%. Rank 2 remains unchanged.
* Inner Focus no longer affects Heal. Now affects Binding Heal.

Holy

* Rapid Renewal has been removed as a talent and is now a passive skill.
* Tome of Light is now a Tier 4 talent, up from Tier 3.

Shadow

* Mastery: Shadow Orb has been renamed to Mastery: Shadow Orb Power - Increases the damage done by your Shadow Orbs. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 1.25%
* Shadow Orbs *New* - You have a 10% chance for your Shadow Word: Pain and Mind Flay spells to grant you a Shadow Orb each time they deal damage. Casting your Mind Blast or Mind Spike spell consumes all Shadow Orbs, increasing damage of that spell by 0% per Shadow Orb, and granting 0% increased damage on your periodic Shadow spells for until cancelled. You can have up to a maximum of 3 orbs.
* Mind Spike now stacks up to 3 times (Tooltip fix)

Yea, we totally need dots ticking for over 9000. :lol:

Practice makes perfect.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Now it looks like mastery could actually be a decent stat for shadow pvp. No idea how good it'll be compared to haste though.
Saranini
I really like how disc gets a tiny nerf while shadow gets a buff. That makes sense it does.

Not that I mind the nerf, inner focus was changed badly to begin with, I don't give a rat's ass that I can't use it on heal, with the content as it is now, you don't even need heal in your rotation yet. I have mana coming up the wazoo, so again, not a big deal, but I doubt I'll like the rapture change come 85.

When I drive by an spriest on Saranini, and the spriests dots me up, I die on my horse. Seriously...
Regular

Saranini wrote:
I really like how disc gets a tiny nerf while shadow gets a buff. That makes sense it does.

Not that I mind the nerf, inner focus was changed badly to begin with, I don't give a rat's ass that I can't use it on heal, with the content as it is now, you don't even need heal in your rotation yet. I have mana coming up the wazoo, so again, not a big deal, but I doubt I'll like the rapture change come 85.

When I drive by an spriest on Saranini, and the spriests dots me up, I die on my horse. Seriously...

Yea yea and ofcourse! ^_^ So with this change coming up instead of it taking 15 seconds itll take 5 dot ticks. Welcome to the World of Wizardcraft.

Practice makes perfect.
Regular
Shadow got buffed btw XD

After using your shadow orbs (Or in the Beta using /cancelaura shadow orbs (Yes it actually works)) you get a 12 second buff which increases all your dot damage depending on how many shadow orbs you used on your mind blast or mind spike (Or how many you cancelled in the beta (Probably will get changed)) also mastery is going to increase the damage.

So increased dot damage too now <3

Practice makes perfect.
I’m going to take you at your word, Destia, and request advice; only it’s not PVP related, but dungeony and healery advice I’m after.

I’ve got a human holy priest (Tereysa) who’s currently lvl 34 and I’m leveling her up almost exclusively in PuG dungeons as primary healer. I seem to be doing ok and have had no major complaints yet, but my question is this: Should I be doing damage as well as healing?

Up until now I have concentrated exclusively on healing, doing no damage at all and feeling a little awkward during trash mob fights when I’m standing there waiting to cast my next renew on the tank.

All and any advice appreciated!

Cheers,
Píc
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
You could use your wand, Picaro. It's free to cast and is a small aid to the DPSers job. I doubt anyone would complain if you weren't damaging, though.
That makes sense, but you are right: no one has complained about me doing no damge at all (yet).

What about DoTs? Is it worth casting a few, or is that a waste of mana?
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
I'm usually lazy on the few occasions where I'm healing. If there's not a lot for me to do, I just sit back and let the others do their job. I'm not a dps after all.

What you want to do is entirely up to you though. The only important thing is that you have to be able to heal whenever it's needed, so if you lose a lot of mana from dpsing or get caught in global cooldown in a tight moment, you should drop the dps and concentrate on healing. If you on the other hand have nothing to do and no mana issues, there's nothing preventing you from wanding or dotting a bit.
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 ./viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1209&sid=bdab73c380c8f721103f73c9e1a48df4&start=30
Jump to :