Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply
What would the best spec be for a new rogue be?
Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
I’m not sure about what is the best spec, but I’ve been levelling Pícaro (he’s now level 60) with this subtlety build and it is much, much fun indeed.
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
^ Sub is indeed strong be it in PVP or Questing, though it really depends upon your own playstyle.

Assasination: Burst + Consistent damage, PVP / PVE
Combat: Consistent damage, PVE
Subtlety: Burst damage + Utility, PVE (Questing)

I'll either be playing Sub or Asassiination at 85 for Arena and PVP, Subtlety for more battlegrounds play where mobility and staying on your toes is important, Assassination for 3v3 Arena, where being able to dish out concentrated damage at the right time will win a fight.

Hope that helps!
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Always good to know. I'm going to have to relearn rogues from the beginning if I'm ever going to be able to play mine again. I might be able to play as assassination, but I'd still need to learn one or two things again.
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
Sub does feel good fun again. I just dislike the way they've moved it to rely so much on daggers. But that's just propberbly my drunken memories of running it in tbc with a set of very beautiful claws.
Master Poster
  • Master Poster
Sub and mutilate are both really fun though I went with mutilate for leveling. The fact that you do not need to be behind your enemy all the time lets you focus on doing damage rather than CC and kill way faster. ;)
Jump to :