•  Topic Adverts?
  •   |  Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:59 pm 
1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1037&sid=f5371d8d06ab7007bb20105be7b5ba3d&start=10
WoW Addict
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
  • 1.  Adverts?  » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:10 pm
    Reply with quote Post a reply
We appear to have suddenly got commercial adverts. According to previous board banners, this was never going to happen.

Can we expect such developments without announcement in future, or is this some technical mistake?

Anedill wrote:
No. I like girls. But this time it's about justice.

Veltroi wrote:
If somebody asked me to describe you Dan, I'd send them this picture
http://i.imgur.com/ncRW1.jpg
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict

Anedill wrote:

Veltroi wrote:
Site Admin
Site Admin
yes,

With 2 million hits a month im trying to get wowgamer to attempt to pay for its self. So just for a few weeks we will have some small adverts pop in from time to time.

Though I have (attempted to) remove all abusive and offending adverts from this site. So Sorry if you see some odd adverts hope it don't spoil things too much

Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
Site Admin
Site Admin
Update:

Some wowgamer (geek) stats:

2335135 hits last month, (312020 this month and rising)

1227944KBytes per Day
27987120 Total KBytes accessed

That's some bandwidth required !

Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
It might be in good conscience, from my point of view at least, to remove the adverts saying you'd never do this, and in future it'd be nice to see this kind of thing going to a vote. If you wanted us to put a fund raiser together if funds weren't enough, I'm certain you'd make more and with a clearer conscience too.

Sorry, I just take particular umbridge to this. I appreciate it must be difficult given the data you have to cope with, but we're a community. We can handle it, as a community.

Anedill wrote:

Veltroi wrote:
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore
Markus, may I suggest using Adblock? :D

I forgot I use(d) it and actually had to check twice before remembering why I have no ads appearing all over my screen. I don't use it on this computer (didn't have the time to install it yet, as it's just been cleaned), but I don't find the few ads a bother actually. I only just noticed them because they were mentioned :)

And it's not that easy to just get money for this site, I must imagine. I would donate some money if I had the means to (no Mastercards or such), but there are many who just take this for granted.

And a side note to Jezzy, whenever you feel like WoWGamer needs anything, make sure you post it to the general forums, that way the community will get to chip in first! :D

~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
I browsed through the geek 2 geek site.
Not one of the women on there plays undead or warrior.
I R dissapoint. >:[

Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore

Blackthrone wrote:
I browsed through the geek 2 geek site.
Not one of the women on there plays undead or warrior.
I R dissapoint. >:[

Hahahah :D

(make sure you search your computer for evil viruses D:)

~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
A'ights, don't break/fix/remove anymore adverts. There's a hot scantily clad womon at the top of my page now. We would be happy if'n she stays there xD xD
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
I'm just concerned that this sort of thing happens without us being consulted. I appriciate there is a large amount of server traffic to the website - however, as stated, there are ways to get around this without comprimising what was previously stated would never happen.

It just feels incredibly dismissive and uncaring to me - the kind of motion I know you would all rally against if Bizzard did. In fact I distinctly recall debating with Saranini and I'm unsure if Jezzy was included as well when Blizzard threw these adverts up on the Realm Forums. As a Community, I'd expect a bit of back-and-forth. And while I could go get adblock and not say anything more on the subject, it's just principle.

Anedill wrote:

Veltroi wrote:
1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1037&sid=f5371d8d06ab7007bb20105be7b5ba3d&start=10
Jump to :