1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1041&sid=2bd75543b90f4246b0ced54d378949fd&start=10
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Okay, so thinking about that writing section idea ( viewtopic.php?f=39&t=943 ) made me realize something.

With the little difference between "Personal Lore" and "Stories" forums, I was thinking this could be done:

In the Stories forum, there is a huge amount of stories people write about their characters and, in my opinion, could fit under Personal Lore. Therefore, what I propose to do is to move all the WoW related things (things we may consider as IC or Character stories or anything) to Personal Lore, and all the non-WoW stories and everything that's not connected to WoW (things we may consider as OOC) and not meant to be part of the actual RP into the the Stories forum, and move the Stories forum out of the Roleplaying section (maybe rename it to Non-WoW or something?). (If there's a need, a separate forum for Poetry could be created, and the other one renamed into Prose)

Now I know finding entries that are WoW-related and those that are not is a lot of work, and you have lots of stuff to do as-is, but I really think this idea could work. (I can even do the checking and moving if you want :D - I did lots of moving and sorting stuff like this in my old Wanderlust forum)

~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
WoW Addict
  • < Tusks and Horns >
  • WoW Addict
Why not just wait til Jezz has time to make a forum called "Non-wow writings" or equivalent? it seems much simpler.
A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
WoW Addict
  • WoW Addict
I actually think there is a difference between the personal lore and the story sections.

The personal lore I see more as a file cabinet with files on each character. It has information about the character; age, gender, class and often a little about their background.
It has one thread per character and all information posted about that character is there. It is where you go to look, when you have rp with a person the night before and really want to know more about that character because it was interesting.

The story section is more a clutter of various stories about characters. Often more than one player character is in the story which makes it harder to place.
The story section is more out of order than the personal lore. It can have many threads with different stories about the same character and it can have - as you said - stories that are not wow related. So more a jumble box with fun - a place for entertainment rather than seeking information.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Selfproclaimed Queen of Procrastination

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~ Ralph W. Sockman
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
Personal Lore = Yer Rap sheet.
Stories = the judge in high court describin' yer crimes.
/nodnodnod

WoW Addict
  • WoW Addict

Blackthrone wrote:
Stories = the judge in high court describin' yer crimes and decorating the story to make it more exciting.

fixed!

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~ Ralph W. Sockman
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore

Lirien wrote:
I actually think there is a difference between the personal lore and the story sections.

The personal lore I see more as a file cabinet with files on each character. It has information about the character; age, gender, class and often a little about their background.
It has one thread per character and all information posted about that character is there. It is where you go to look, when you have rp with a person the night before and really want to know more about that character because it was interesting.

The story section is more a clutter of various stories about characters. Often more than one player character is in the story which makes it harder to place.
The story section is more out of order than the personal lore. It can have many threads with different stories about the same character and it can have - as you said - stories that are not wow related. So more a jumble box with fun - a place for entertainment rather than seeking information.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Yeah I do remember the old Personal Lore having that, but now it seems to me like a bunch of stories like the Stories forums. And seeing that some people, like Shirry for example have posted their character history stuff in the Stories forums, I thought they became a mixture of both. But I haven't checked the Lore forums so it was my mistake to judge without seeing both first.

But I just wanted to help. I think we have lots of forums and just thought that having more forums would really start to clutter the whole thing. Oh well :D

You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
I think waiting to see what Jezzy provides is probably the best course of action. One more forum entitled “non-WoW Stories” seems pretty reasonable to me.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oks, 1 non wow story forum made, same permissions as the story forum so you can lock your own stuff if you want.
Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore
But what if we want to move our stories that we already posted from the Stories into the Non-WoW section?
WoW Addict
  • WoW Addict
Mark them for movement? :)

1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1041&sid=2bd75543b90f4246b0ced54d378949fd&start=10
Jump to :