Previous 1 . 2
ACE
view posts by this user Offline
  • ACE
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I vote

100% without a doubt, that GENERAL is -CLOSED- to non-members.

Why? We post real life information, pictures, facebook accounts and so much more. Why have everyone and anyone be able to see this? Yes, people can just sign up, but if they sign up and start acting odd... Well, Jezzy can ban them.

I find general comforting as a place for friends to get together and talk. If it was open, you could have anyone and everyone posting PLUS gold sellers/farmers, etc. Trust me, they do find a way to post on forums. *grumble*

I voted no. For sure.

Forum Member
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Member
Perhaps have just the RP forums open, then?

Personally, if I were from another RP realm and was simply browsing, I'd want to check out the RP forums. Y'know, to get a taster to what the dedicated RP'ers on this realm are like?

Imogen Windstalker, Captain of The Phoenix Guard.

http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is OPEN!
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
I think that's a very good point. Then again, some people like to keep their RP stuff viewable by wowgamers only.

Perhaps Zaredd's suggestion of a wee "members only" section is not such a bad idea.
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hmmmz oks this whole topic is getting old now.

Oks I am not having 2 areas the same 1 for members and one for non members who still cant post to it anyway. Its doubling the work and making things more complicated.

Its an RP - Realm - We are an RP community - So I see no issues.

And indeed if you dont want to make somthing available to non members then erm.....why make it available to members? there really is no diference in all honesty. I mean its not like your sharing bank info or such...

Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
Saranini
To be honest, it was decided. Only reason it was brought back up is because of the QQ.

But if you look at the votes so far, you will see that most people do not want it open. And I don't blame them. It was like this on previous wowgamer, people have gotten used to a certain sense of privacy.

And no, there is no specific info here that is vulnerable. But I have seen people trolled on realm forums with information they have posted in other forums, and THAT is my main concern. My concern is that people who are malicious enough, and who can just view posts without getting logged, would use some info. It would definitely not be the first time. So how would it be if I start getting trolled; lololololol brown boyfriend.
Elizabelle; lololol ur lesbion.

And yes, there is a genuine chance that this will happen. Now, I care little about getting trolled, I have been before, but others might care more about it. And again, the old wowgamer was like this, people liked that, if you now change it around because what? 5 people want it open so far? Then we will probably lose the people that helped build the community the most.

It is very easy to post in a sticky that people can see more once they have registered. If they then still not register is that our bad? Or did they really just only want to lurk here?

On the old wowgamer, with this exact system, we had ... 300 people registered? Does that not show that apparently it is not such a huge deal?
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer

Quote:
Oks I am not having 2 areas the same 1 for members and one for non members who still cant post to it anyway. Its doubling the work and making things more complicated.

Aye, that's fair enough. I think we are fine just keeping a couple of sections private anyway.

People who complained about having to register have so far not given any good reasons for it (apart from what Ally said about it making the forum look less active than it is, which is a good point but I think/hope we can remedy that in a few ways).

Am going to write the stickies like we agreed, and try my best to contribute to both the public and hidden sections of the forum so it doesn't look too empty.
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
Have to say I'm with Jezzy on this one!
Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
Sorry for the doublepost!

Can I suggest you put a sticky in "Getting Started" letting non-members know that there are certain areas (General and Roleplay) that they can't see unless they register. Perhaps explaining why this is the case and pushing how quick and easy it is to register. Lets people know that there is more going on than meets the eye!

Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Aye we had agreed to do that actually, I think it's important. It's up there now.
Previous 1 . 2
Jump to :