Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1185&sid=cfd4dd4cbacc0ccc077bad0ccbdfbc52&start=20
WoW Addict
view posts by this user Offline
  • WoW Addict
    Reply with quote Post a reply
It would be either that or define some rules as to when to use the mature tag.

As in make a set of rules as to when it should be used, as I think the difinition to when it is used seems rather confused. I would not mind sitting down to make a suggestion for them, when I get off work :)

Selfproclaimed Queen of Procrastination

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~ Ralph W. Sockman
Hi folks,

Just to say that we are discussing this and that your concerns will be addressed shortly.

Cheers,
Píc
Saranini
To be honest, due to this thread, when I see a mature section, I will just assume it is that which has gone above and beyond being acceptable. I don't think that is fair to the people who do have the mature tag, but do not go overboard. By labeling, adding another forum section, there will be a stigma on those stories. That is just me talking, as an observer, after reading this thread, but I think that is what will happen for many. Had it just be done quietly, it might be different, but yeah, now stuff has been said and that is the stuff, I will relate to when seeing the 'mature' section.

Why can't a tag be enough? I don't get that. If people tag their stuff, it should be fine no? If you find something too much, you can criticize no? We did have the whole discussion about giving criticism on other people's stories without offending?

We have a stories section, a lore section, a personal story section, a non wow story section, and so on. How much of a rift are we going to create between stories and their 'label' before we have 10 categories of which 3 are not read because they are branded the 'bad' section?
Veteran Poster
I have a suggestion! How about you make the mature content more PG-friendly by replacing all words describing male bits with 'peenyweeny' and the lady bits with 'boobywoobies' and 'succulent love hole' respectively. And replace all further description of an actual intercourse by saying 'and then the bee met the flower'. I think that should make this kind of content more accessible to all.
Grand Marshal of the Vanguard of Valor - Slashcat
Assistant to the Grand Marshal - Narcisa

http://www.vanguardofvalor.com - join us, or check out our events and news!
Saranini
:D

OR THAT!
Forum Member
  • Forum Member
If what you're putting in your flower is striped and buzzes it ain't a ... oh never mind...
Veteran Poster

P.Tw wrote:
If what you're putting in your flower is striped and buzzes it ain't a ... oh never mind...

Yes indeed, this is why once we figure out how to create artificial fertilising man juice, the male gender will no longer be needed on Earth. They will simply serve no purpose whatsoever.

Grand Marshal of the Vanguard of Valor - Slashcat
Assistant to the Grand Marshal - Narcisa

http://www.vanguardofvalor.com - join us, or check out our events and news!
Forum Member
  • Forum Member
Pff i'd like to see you lot putting up shelves and changing light bulbs without us!
Saranini

P.Tw wrote:
Pff i'd like to see you lot putting up shelves and changing light bulbs without us!

*imagines Slashy fixing the plumbing and revealing her butt crack*

Yeah... we'll be fine!
WoW Addict
  • < Tusks and Horns >
  • WoW Addict
*gigglesnort* Notty Slashy! And nottier Mr PT yes we know who you are!

I have to agree with Sara or be a hypocrite. My Orc tales are not quite as explicit as the post which started all this, but they aren't exactly PG13 either. I do think the tag should be enough, although the definition of "mature" (since a lot of it isn't the least bit mature :P) could do with some defining. Other than that, I simply don't read anything tagged that way if I don't feel like it.

Unless we genuinely want to make this a PG 13 forum, since of course if something is posted in another section marked "mature" its not going to stop people under 18 reading (or indeed writing) it, it's rather a futile exercize, I should think.

I don't, however, think ANYONE has been over the top about this. A very polite request was made to reassess the explicit content of the post. There has been no nastiness, no rudeness, just some silly fun and some sensible dialogue. It would be lovely if it stayed that way.

A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1185&sid=cfd4dd4cbacc0ccc077bad0ccbdfbc52&start=20
Jump to :