Previous 1 . 2
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Agree completely. I'm also a bit of an OCD anal freak when it comes to organisation! It's a gift and a curse I think! We definitely need some sort of "mission statement" as you said, I think if we didn't decide beforehand how we were planning to handle things, it would fizzle out and nothing would come of it. That and we need people to know exactly what's expected of them beforehand so they know what's going to be expected of them before they begin.

To be honest, I'd be quite happy to step up to start sorting things out and to represent the horde but I wouldn't mind too much if someone else was desperate to do it.

Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
I think you're quite right Sara, it's best to at least have things organized in theory. I mean, if all the structure gets too much, you can throw it away, but often you need it as a basis for these things. Well I do anyway. :D
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
Working on this now... but do need to know which of the following we think would work the best:

Quote:
Anyway, we could either have a fair few people on the committee and then select a smaller number of them each month (or however frequently we want to be producing wowgamer events), or we could have a small number of dedicated individuals who work well together or we can have a larger number of people and demand some sort of committment.

Alquanis Firesong
WoW Addict
  • WoW Addict
I cannot be the main person in this thing. I have school until the end of November where I need to focus on the homework and assignments we have to hand in. After that I will have normal daytime work and need to work on the exam project on the side. I don't have to turn it in until the beginning of may, but that needs to be my primary focus.

Still I would like to help in the extend that I can.

Selfproclaimed Queen of Procrastination

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~ Ralph W. Sockman
Saranini
Well, I do not have the time to help. I feel inclined to say 'sure, I'll assist alliance side', but I KNOW that would be impulsive and I will regret it later because I have tons of work, that is always how it goes.

Any way! I would say keep it small. 2-3 people on each side. Two people can very efficiently organise an RP event and the events do not have to be HUGE.

Let's say you start with the Miss events, I would do all I can to get VoV to sign up and commit. The Vanguard had many contestants and judges last year, and I would use our numbers to help out wherever I can, but sadly I can not commit past that.

So 2-3, again, my opinion, seems fine on both sides, but Alquanis, since you so willingly volunteered, you of course have the final say since the most important thing is that the people who commit feel comfortable with all arrangements.
ACE
  • < Skull marks the Treasure >
  • ACE
well ehm...
the miss contest have always been announced as 'the citizens gazette presents' (or in cooperation with, etc.) and I would think it pretty weird to suddenly see 'wowgamer presents' for them...

I can't stop people from putting it there for the ones I am not organising though. :D
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
Quite happy to start this after the Miss contests if you'd prefer, Zhinsa.

Am still working on this but am a tad snowed under with work and some guild changes atm, watch this space.

Oh and if anyone's interested on representing the alliance or joining the committe, please post here or drop me a PM.

Thanks!

Alquanis Firesong
Previous 1 . 2
Jump to :