1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=39&t=180&sid=508f632d9785446265cc6d8b28a7c204&start=10
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
So, I was thinking... WoWgamer is all about DMF's Roleplaying Community and strengthening that, right?

So why not have WoWgamer specific events? I mean I know we use wowgamer to advertise our own events but what if we started using wowgamer as a basis for the creation of events? Somewhere for RP'ers of all background, faction, race and class to come together and plan events? What better way is there to strengthen the community than to start breaking down guild boundaries somewhat and making events as a roleplaying community? Now, I'm not saying by any means that we should stop guilds creating their own advents and then advertising them to the rest of us (some of them are awesome), just that this could work in addition to those events and could perhaps offer some more diversity?

Furthermore, when advertising on the realmforums and elsewhere, we could do a whole "WoWgamer presents....<Insert Event Name>!" promoting wowgamer at the same time and hopefully beginning a whole shiny circle of community strengthening and realm improvement!

Thoughts?

Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh I like the sounds of that
Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
Saranini
I think it's a good idea. Who would organise it though?
WoW Addict
  • WoW Addict
well if Zhinsa and the organizers do not mind, one could start with the remaining Miss events?
There are still a lot left, aren't there? If anything the finals could be posted on the realm forums as "Wowgamer presents".

As for other events, I guess it would be up to each person who creates the event if they think they want to help promote wowgamer.

I admit I do not organize a lot of events, mostly because I don't get the good ideas for them, but I will keep it in mind to have it be wowgamer oriented. I think it is a really good idea.

Selfproclaimed Queen of Procrastination

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~ Ralph W. Sockman
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Good idea Lirien. Zhinsa did say she was hoping for people to step up and organize the remaining Miss events. I'm doing Miss Darnassus and I probably won't have time to actually participate in another MIss event, but I'm more than happy to help out with the planning if someone wants to make a thread here.
Saranini
Well I sent Zhinsa mails a few days ago about taking over the Miss events completely as I was involved with them any way, but I have not yet heard of her.
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
I voluntered to take Miss Silvermoon but I think I was beaten to the post on that one.

Hmm, perhaps we could form some sort of wowgamer events committee?

Alquanis Firesong
Saranini

Alquanis wrote:
I voluntered to take Miss Silvermoon but I think I was beaten to the post on that one.

Hmm, perhaps we could form some sort of wowgamer events committee?

Well, as I saw it and last discussed it with Zhinsa, TPG was doing belves, SA was doing nelves, and the rest was not taken. I don't know though Alquanis, things might have changed, I don't know since Zhinsa kind of has all the info.

If we are going to do this, we need one person horde and one person alliance who oversees all contests and makes sure to advertise. Unless a contest is done by a specific guild, then the guild can take care of all the arrangements and there is no alliance nor horde representative needed.

For the rest though, there is, otherwise dates and such will not be clear and things will get messy. I have always found that the MORE people you get in the organisation, the messier it gets.

I am all for an event committee, but just bear in mind, the more people you have, the more opinions you have, the longer you will have to wait until something is approved by all the members of said committee. I am not trying to be a spoil sport here! Because I fully fully support the idea. But I have worked with many people (or attempted to) and well... mostly it is a nightmare. It is sad but it is. Out of all people that have been actively involved in events I have organised, and by active I mean not just shown up, but who actually had a vital role, 80% cancel or just forget or whatever. And these 80% are all roleplayers that we know and love. Being on this forum does not mean people are committed to doing this, or even saying yes to this idea does not mean people are committed.

So, before this is arranged, it is best that the people that want to be involved, think really long and hard if they really have the time and the stamina to stick to it, because there is nothing as frustrating than one person working their ass off, while 3 twiddle their thumbs.
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
TPG? I thought the Eastern Council were doing belves? Ack, confusing!

Oh I agree that the more people you have, the harder it is to come to decisions. You always have that issue with officers... the fewer you have, the more work you have to do but the more you have, the longer everything takes to discuss and implement - double edged sword of dooom!

Anyway, we could either have a fair few people on the committee and then select a smaller number of them each month (or however frequently we want to be producing wowgamer events), or we could have a small number of dedicated individuals who work well together or we can have a larger number of people and demand some sort of committment.

The possibilities are endless!

Note: I'm not talking specifically about Miss Azeroth competitions here, I was thinking more so about beyond that. That's not to say we can't use them as a trial run though!

Alquanis Firesong
Saranini

Alquanis wrote:
TPG? I thought the Eastern Council were doing belves? Ack, confusing!

OW OW! It is quite possible it was Eastern Council, like I said, the LAST I heard it was TPG, but soooo many things change, I can't keep track with my tiny, often dormant, brain.

Alquanis wrote:
Oh I agree that the more people you have, the harder it is to come to decisions. You always have that issue with officers... the fewer you have, the more work you have to do but the more you have, the longer everything takes to discuss and implement - double edged sword of dooom!

This is sooo true. Slashy and I are the only officers/guildleaders in VoV. We have TONS of work, but the upside is, we always agree, always. So yes, you just need to choose which you prefer, endless debating but at least a reasonable workload for all, or a bigger workload but easier discussions.

Alquanis wrote:
Anyway, we could either have a fair few people on the committee and then select a smaller number of them each month (or however frequently we want to be producing wowgamer events), or we could have a small number of dedicated individuals who work well together or we can have a larger number of people and demand some sort of committment.

That sounds good! Maybe it is best if some sort of missions statement is set up. Like, I think it is a good idea to start with the miss events. Because it would show Zhinsa that we do not just take her work for granted, that we appreciate it very much and that we will try our hardest to complete this project. But like you say, it would be a good start but not the be and end all of this committee. The real reason for its existence would be to create a steady flow of events which are a PR thing for wowgamer and our realm as a whole.

So yes! Mission statement. This could be something like;

Event Frequency; one event per month, switching between factions OR one event each month per faction OR etc.

Committee roles; one 'president' per faction, one advertiser per faction OR blablablabla.

Meeting Frequency; could be one meeting per faction per month together in group OR PM convos OR... ec.

Participants; finding out WHO, determining how many etc.

I deem it best, to see if there is ONE PERSON who would step forward saying they want to do this. This person could then make some sort of TO DO list addressing the points above and other points, so that before it all starts, there is a 'ruleset' so to speak. Anyone who commits knows what they are committing to and what is expected of them. Then, when the community agrees to all which is said, the committee can start filling up, next to the already self-elected president pretty much.

This is just an example. I know I always crave anal organisation, that is just how I roll. It is how the Vanguard works, and I believe in running a tight ship. BUT! This is ME, and this committee is about MANY people. So the above is merely a suggestion, but other people might find such a heavy structure confining and would prefer to go another way, which is also great. Just wanted to contribute.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=39&t=180&sid=508f632d9785446265cc6d8b28a7c204&start=10
Jump to :