•  Topic PvP Gripes!
  •   |  Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:17 am 
Previous 1 ... 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 ./viewtopic.php?f=43&t=236&sid=c7ec98f388b1f28da3e1d8786925bde2&start=70
Grand Master
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I dont get why they increased our health by four times to counter the high dps and then make us do insane dps to boot. Burst is worse then wrath days from what I hear.
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster

Malonnie wrote:
I dont get why they increased our health by four times to counter the high dps and then make us do insane dps to boot. Burst is worse then wrath days from what I hear.

Burst is far from what it used to be. Destruction Warlocks were fantastic in PvP due to their huge burst potential in Wrath of the Lich King while now they're not such a viable spec. You can easily heal through a Warlock's burst damage and you must stand still to cast most of your high-damaging spells, which these days, is a liability. Effective control of cooldowns and keeping your opponent properly CCed is the way to go these days.

Grand Master
Because Destrolocks are representative for the entire game, right? :)

Warrior says hi.

Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Malonnie wrote:
Warrior says hi.

Hi. \o

Steam - Ivar284
Regular

Malonnie wrote:

After the initial change they probably thought that healing coupled with large health pools was too much so they increased the burst to balance stuff.

Also, Fury Warriors. It's like a roadrunner with sharp things strapped on it.
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I wish for the days when rogues were the bane of clothies all around... now all i feel im useful for is slowing other players down or twiddling my thumbs in defence.
I can't imagine how screwed up Blizzard's code is that attempting to remove Vengeance in PVP somehow causes ret paladins to do 250k DPS.

Grand Master
  • Grand Master
They've done so much wrong in cataclysm. While some issues might have their origin further back, this expansion certainly hasn't made things any better.

They chose to give defensive dispel magic to all healing classes. This dramatically changed pvp balance as team compositions that used to be fine suddenly became overpowered when they could suddenly dispel all magic cc. When blizzard realised this mistake, they made dps specs suffer for it by removing their dispel without giving them any compensation.

They increased health pools, but still allowed healer mana to never hit zero, forcing them to give classes burst matching the new health pools anyway, as wearing a healer out isn't really an option. They also chose to let classes like rogues, warriors, and (blood) dks heal themselves, despite not being dependant on mana, effectively making them impossible to beat other than by brute force. The same might be argued for affli locks since they can regenerate both health and mana (although perhaps only well enough if they can leave combat for short whiles).

Mages were given godmode control, but no further survivability beyond that. To kill them melee had to be able to get close to them, and the gap closers required for that makes other classes unable to escape from them. Did it ever occur to Blizzard that they could have improved mages' ability to survive with melee on them and given some of all that control to some other classes that needed it instead? Would have been a lot easier for them to balance that way.

Not only does every melee have an interrupt now, most if not all of them have one or more other abilities to prevent enemies from casting. In fact, it seems to be common practice nowadays to only use interrupts after you've used all of your other stuns/silences/death grip/other cc. It's not something new for casters to preferrably use instant spells rather than casted ones with a melee class beating on them, but now even fake casting is close to pointless with the amount of interrupting that can be done.

Overall, a lot of classes seem to be becoming more one dimensional. Hybrid classes have gotten even further niched into a single role, where the healer specs are supposed to heal and the dps specs are supposed to dps - nothing else. Abilities that are part of the class but not of the spec's main role are made inefficient to the point where they are useless, and hybrids are in effect only hybrids by name. Other classes (with the exception of perhaps mages and rogues) seem to purely revolve around spamming damage and using whatever cc is available on cooldown.

They also repeated an old mistake of theirs by making huge increases in stats on gear compared to the previous expansion. The large stat values makes the difference between well geared and badly geared players larger, making skill a smaller factor compared to gear difference.

There's probably more, but these are the things I can think of at the moment. Needless to say, I'm pretty fed up with pvp right now. It's in a state that just isn't enjoyable to play, not even as disc, a spec that is technically still fine.
Saranini
Yeah I quit PvP as well to be honest. First disc was kind of pee so I didn't want to arena. Then disc was great but feral was pee so Seth didn't want to arena. Now PvP is just complete bollocks so we've both moved on :)
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Oh well, at least I've reached 2k rating in 3s this season, so I did reach my goal. I just wish things had been enjoyable enough for me to keep going. With the right partners and the motivation to play, I'm pretty sure I could have made it higher.
Regular
I'm waiting for the patch notes.

"Melee class X's damage has been increased by 1200%"

"Melee class X is now permanently rooted"
Previous 1 ... 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 ./viewtopic.php?f=43&t=236&sid=c7ec98f388b1f28da3e1d8786925bde2&start=70
Jump to :