Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 ./viewtopic.php?f=43&t=561&sid=7b767dac2daae256f98a0b2e997681d5&start=40
Grand Master
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I was creating athmosphere. Spreading propaganda. I mean the Truth.
Odin promised the end of all giants, and I see no giants.

-Garrawick
-Leyaween
-Malonnie
-Kraelyn
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Saranini wrote:
Pfffft, I win plenty!

[STATISTICS!]

Isle is almost at 50%, Strand and EotS are the only sucky ones really. See, not as bad as people say I think!

Statistics:

Battleground: won/played, % won
Alterac Valley: 15/32, 46%
Arathi Basin: 21/54, 39%
Eye of the Storm: 16/49, 33%
Strand of the Ancients: 13/49, 27%
Warsong Gulch: 16/29, 55%
Isle of Conquest: 17/31, 55%

As you can see, the battlegrounds with more losses account for much more of the number of battlegrounds I've played than the ones where I win more. None of the better ones are far above 50% victories, while the bad ones are much further below 50%. 69% of the battlegrounds I've played are the ones with a win ratio below 40%. Even if you count for an equal number of fights in all different battlegrounds, my win ratio would still just be 42%. Now it's 38%.

That said, we probably win more than we think. But the constant losses in certain battlegrounds makes it feel like we're always losing. Especially since the random battleground finder seems to alternate between putting us in eots and sota.
Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
I was trying to prove something, but it appears that the stats are against me :P

My horde PVP toon:
Battlegrounds: 103/167 (68%)
Alterac Valley battles: 15/22 (68%)
Arathi Basin battles: 21/34 (62%)
Eye of the Storm battles: 15/19 (79%)
Strand of the Ancients battles: 14/23 (61%)
Warsong Gulch battles: 38/69 (55%)
Isle of Conquest battles: 15/20 (75%)

Malonnie wrote:
I was creating athmosphere. Spreading propaganda. I mean the Truth.

Lies!

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I'm going to have to go with Warsong Gulch. Yes, it is basic and extremely old, but it opens doors to something that is rarely obtainable in other battlegrounds, 1vs1, which happens to be my favourite style of PvP. Rather than that, I can only tolerate Wintergrasp as the other battlegrounds require brains to achieve victory, which, most oftenly, doesn't seem to be common among the Horde.
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
I enjoy AV when the battle ends up at a bridge with a massive 40 v 40 war. That's just epic. Defending the leader desperately, ganking Alliance, rushing forward...

It's just the most epic battleground, when it is like that. Which it rarely is. So... Probably I'll take hhe punishment of saying I actually like SotA.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
  • Website
Love me some Strand of the Ancients.

There's nothing like taking one siege vehicle, loading it up with your bestest caster buddies and taking that bad boy right to the relic chamber. There should be an achievement for that but unfortunately, not.

"Better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self." ~ Writer Cyril Connolly
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
I've always enjoyed it as a hunter as I can absolutely tear down siege engines, and when I have the joy of spamming steady shot in my PvE gear from inside a siege engine, I actually become some sort of half-elf half-Gatling gun.

I've played it as a few classes, most notably Death Knight, and I despised it then. It's a rather ranged-friendly BG, in my opinion.
I must hate the strand, being a warrior.

But i love WSG. Close quarter, everyone crammed into the tunnel, everything hits.

NOTHING ESCAPES THE WARRIOR OF DOOOM!

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
WSG, mostly because I enjoy being able to pick out my marks and appoach and kill them with minimal difficulty.
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 ./viewtopic.php?f=43&t=561&sid=7b767dac2daae256f98a0b2e997681d5&start=40
Jump to :