1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1730&sid=d4864460b3aeedea6cc5227cd58ab487&start=10
Veteran Poster
view posts by this user Offline
  • Veteran Poster
    Reply with quote Post a reply
-- Now meaningless post, please remove --

[ Last edited by Dalynnia on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 5 times in total. ]

Necromancer Dereck got buttraped by the angry silverback Gorilla.
Regular
  • < The Diet of Wyrms >
  • Regular
"The High Mistress helped me, I'm not as weak now. I hope she will accept me into the unit."

((Also, free cookies!))
Master Poster
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • Master Poster
  • Website
Purely out of curiosity as I don't own a DK, but why 10?
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
^

For the simple fact that 10 is an amount that's easily managed, and also makes sense as a number of Knights in an military unit.

WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
An interesting concept. Some friendly queries;

"Master-Mistress"? One or the other, not both, surely?
You are appealing to a very, very niche market in your guild concept. I'd suggest opening it up a little more, accept Forsaken for example - or those with dark agendas?
Have a common goal - something to strive for. At the moment it's very egotistical in 'serving the master-mistress' and little else. The Eburi are Markus' militia - but more than that, they fight the Twilight or the Scourge or whatever the enemy of the day is. A unified concept helps make ALL the characters feel special, allows for their own exploration of the subject, where as asking for 10 (and forgive me if the word is too strong) 'groupies' to help you pal around might be... well, limited in its captivity and engagement.

You may end up with 10 alts of characters - but unless you broaden your appeal they will remain alts.

Anedill wrote:
No. I like girls. But this time it's about justice.

Veltroi wrote:
If somebody asked me to describe you Dan, I'd send them this picture
http://i.imgur.com/ncRW1.jpg
Master Poster
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • Master Poster
  • Website
There was a guild with a similar sort of concept, but open to forsaken, DKs and I think possibly warlocks over on Argent Dawn. They had a necromantic focus for the most part, I'll see if I can find their old concept post on the realm forum and PM you it later if you like. Might help with fleshing out the concept of the guild.
Regular
  • < The Diet of Wyrms >
  • Regular
((Can't speak for Daly, but I'm assuming it'll be based around missions from the High Lord))
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
^

Pretty much. Main OOC purposes are to increase the amount of Acheran section's activity, as well as reducing the amount of false beliefs of Death Knights in general, as well as replacing lollers with proper Death Knights.

Master Poster
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • Master Poster
  • Website
I think it was the bit about OOCly do what you want part that caused confusion. Flash is right, if there's no greater concept than all being DKs, it will be difficult to attract and retain members, or at least members that log on and interact with the guild regularly.

Aside from that, the idea of a "proper" Death Knight guild is a good one, DKs have pretty much been ignored for the last year or so, would be nice for them to have a home.

Regular
  • Regular
  • Website
Awesome idea, best of luck with it. ^^
RPG Forums Online
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1730&sid=d4864460b3aeedea6cc5227cd58ab487&start=10
Jump to :