Regular
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Exodus Inquisition >
  • Regular
    Reply with quote Post a reply
This Idea has been broodling at the back of my mind for a while, IE a few months. But I think it suits our election the best. At the moment, we are choosing out of a list of around 10 people on who should be the guild leader. I think thats wrong. It leads to a popularity contest, it doesn't mean they will be a GOOD and STABLE guild leader. My idea is to create a democratic 'Government'. So here it is.

Guild Leader + Second highest rank = President + Cabinet (Respectively)
Third Highest rank = Opposition.

-For the elections, people will form groups of 4 people. One leader, three 'Ministers'. Each group will be known as a Party. There will be a limit of 4 parties (Depending on the number of members that we have in the guild, and depending on how many active members we have)
-Each Party will try to become the governing body of the guild each month, meaning there will be elections once a month.
-Each Party must have an agenda that they must follow.

Acts:
Act 1 - A Party cannot govern the guild via two consecutive sessions. (IE a party cannot be re-elected in the next election)
Act 2 - Two or more parties cannot have the same agenda. (IE. Two parties can't say they will give everyone 35g repairs. However, one party can say they will give everyone 35g repairs, and another can say they will give everyone 30g repairs.)
Act 3 - All governing bodies, when elected, can undermine what the last governing body put forward, however Acts cannot be altered. Only Bills can.
Act 4 - Parties cannot merge together to form a coalition. If two parties recieve the same amount of votes, then a re-election must occur for the two parties that recieved the same amount of votes.
Act 5 - Under this act, those in Opposition can undergo a Vote of No Confidence. If this vote is deemed to be required by the majority of the opposition, then a new Election will occur and a new governing body to be elected.

Bills:
Bills are things that a governing body brings in upon their election. These can be altered, and changed by a different governing body.

It is in it's planning stages at the moment folks, however naturally I hope it will be welcomed, or atleast heavily criticised (So we can improve the concept) for the next election in the guild. (Meaning the Election that will occurr AFTER Wednesday 14th)

What do you call a Druid in his Treeform that goes Melee? A Combat-Log

How many Goblins does it take to paint a wall? Depends how hard you throw them
Regular
  • < The Dark League >
  • Regular
Well actually, believe it or not, any type of election is a popularity contest. No one will vote on an asshole, even if he has the best plans.

These opposition parties, they can really screw things up and keep doing it all the time. I know, it's called democracy, but in these days democracy does nothing more than slow down progression. Look at how things are in real life politics at the moment.
We'll end up "debating" about futile matters, while the actual RP is being pushed forward.

I do support the idea of every one on the list to have an actual agenda, so you're not voting on some stranger or a random name. Not everyone is familliar with the "well-known" RPers on the realm.

Forsaken rp is not dead! It's undead...
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Agreed with Thornsen there and...

Looks interesting, but in the same time very complicated. If we're an social random RP guild (or is the GB turning into something else?) with no form of plot involved with the guild (being military etc.), we don't really need one and only "leader" I think, just a bunch of officers / managers / admins to keep shit together. Like on a forum, no one really owns it but there are moderators to keep things clean.

And I see you're having that agenda with this idea, but it seems like a rather complicated way to do it as a social guild doesn't really need as much the same sort of leadership as a guild with an actual RP agenda does. I'm not sure what there is to "lead" in a such guild. Other than keep people off each others throats, invite people ans such.

But why not try something like this out, sounds like an interesting way to do it. Don't take my words as a try to ruin your idea or whining, just pondering things out lo ud. I'm just afraid elections would turn into a powergame or people group up even more strongly, which we reeeally don't need atm.

This system lighted few questions. Does every active member have to be in a party, or just those who have genuine interest towards it? Would the change of parties mean that the rules and habbits change during every partys "management season"?

Broken dreams I’ll follow mine to the end of my borrowed time.
I’ve been walking down this road too long got my bags packed and I hit the door.
Then I make a stop at the liquor store cause my will is weak but my whiskey is strong.
Regular
  • < The Exodus Inquisition >
  • Regular

Quote:
Does every active member have to be in a party, or just those who have genuine interest towards it? Would the change of parties mean that the rules and habbits change during every partys "management season"?

Does every active member have to be in a party? - No. There must be 4 people PER party. 1 Leader, 3 Officers. There are a maximum number of parties (which is 4), resulting in 1 Leader of the Guild, 3 main Officers, and 12 lower Officers. Obviously, there would be some differance between the two types of officers. That means there would be 16 "officers / managers / admins to keep shit together". Thus meaning there are a lot of people to help grow the Guild into something more than just community RP, maybe into just a full on community guild that serves the needs of the pvpers, rpers and maybe raiders.

Would the change of parties mean that the rules and habbits change during every party's "management season"? - The Party runs as the party leader see's fit. But to reitorate. No parties can have THE SAME Agenda. They must be different, and (try to be) unique.

Quote:
Well actually, believe it or not, any type of election is a popularity contest. No one will vote on an asshole, even if he has the best plans.

Sadly, everything does revolve around popularity. However...Imagine Person A was really liked, and Person B was hated. Yet they were in the same party. People would actually have to THINK of who they want to vote in. Basically, what i've tried to do with this idea is to make a easy-ish system to stamp out the popularity as much as possible. Now I know it has flaws, and yes for the Ghost Brigade it might be quite a radical thing, but if the guild was to grow then it might need something like this to keep things fresh. I mean, its unfair for the popular people to remain as high end officers and leaders just because they are popular.

What do you call a Druid in his Treeform that goes Melee? A Combat-Log

How many Goblins does it take to paint a wall? Depends how hard you throw them
Jump to :