Forum Member
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
OK I have an idea, a Death Knight only military guild. I feel that what with the Lich King defeated and the end of Cataclysm Death Knights are in a bit of an awkward position lore wise which means there is in fact an awful lot of flexibility. As such I would feel that a Death Knight guild would not only be a) Interesting but b) Really enjoyable.

There may be guild ranks but it might just be a simple case of:
- Initiates (Those that have yet to be tested in battle)
- Necromancers (Magic users or those that can raise the dead for long periods of time)
- Knights (Those that live and die by the blade)
- Officers (They help run the guild and have some degree of authority)

A few ideas for the guild would be it being neutral to other Death Knights when In Character, if it gets big enough then maybe have a few players stationed in each of the major cities or something along those lines and another idea would be to have regular training events and then maybe do events with other guilds be it diplomatic or otherwise. I'm also thinking that there should be a uniform now, so maybe any of the Death Knight tiers just to show some form of unity, after all each armour is really a reflection upon each Death Knight as is their rune blade.

As such I would like to see if people support this idea and also whether or not they would join it. However what with me being ten hours a head of realm time I would need officers that are trust worthy and also would be willing to help with recruitment, creation of events and other things when I am not on-line. The guild would be run by my 85 Death Knight Ardaric but I would still be contactable on this character.

I did run a guild similar to this back on Argent Dawn and it was a relative success, here's a couple of screen shots as perhaps to entice you even more:

And:

"On the plus side, I'm not crazy just mentally unstable"
Forum Member
  • Forum Member
I've just started a DK character and I'll be using him ALOT :P so I'd be up for this, if you get anything together.

Officer wise, just say what you might need and the aims. I'm on alot anyway.
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Sounds interesting, I have had my DK useless for so long that I could be very interested about a chance to get him back in business.
Broken dreams I’ll follow mine to the end of my borrowed time.
I’ve been walking down this road too long got my bags packed and I hit the door.
Then I make a stop at the liquor store cause my will is weak but my whiskey is strong.
Forum Member
As I'm away for the next few days visiting Ayers Rock I'll have some spare time to come up with something more concrete, promise! I'll also come up with some scenarios for guild events and try to make them fit in the stories over all arc. It's great to see a couple of people showing interest in the guild it really is :D
Forum Member
  • Forum Member
Same :).
However, I have a few questions. Would it be Death Knight exclusive or would there be room for a few Undead, Spriests etc?

Also, I have a few ideas for training etc for those movign from an initiate level upwards, and then general events for those 'seasoned' DKs.
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
I think Dalynnia has finally found her place. I've played her as an Instructor / High Mistress ( = overseer ) for ages, and since my own DK guild idea was devastated due to people spreading false info and sabotaging it... Would be nice if I had some use for her instead of being a decoration in my character selection screen.
Necromancer Dereck got buttraped by the angry silverback Gorilla.
Forum Member
Right. I'm back from my time in Uluru and I have some good news and I'll answer questions.

Firstly I felt that the guild could act as guardians of any artefacts that may be relevant to the Ebon Hold, the main one could be a shard of Frostmourne and the guild would defend it against those that might want to try and reforge the blade... It's only an idea but I feel that it could be fun! As for Mists of Pandaria we wouldn't aid the Horde in conquering it, but rather see if the Death Knights might have any interest (I won't stop you guys from doing the content OOC'ly but IC wise no Death Knights would be there unless absolutely necessary). While the content is being done don't be afraid to speak up if anything is applicable or if you have any ideas please do tell I think it could add for some interesting twists and fluidity which is always good in any story :)

As such the Knights would have to be prepared for anything so training would be a definite necessity, I do have a few ideas, things like drills and combat training but again if people want to have a shot at creating events please don't be afraid to speak up!

Aurean wrote:
Same :).
Would it be Death Knight exclusive or would there be room for a few Undead, Spriests etc?

In regards to that question, I'd say no unless there was either the demand or maybe if I wanted to increase the size of the guild. I would like to let it run it's course as a Death Knight only guild but maybe there could be room for some advisors so as to allow training against other classes/races but again it really is too early to tell.

Those that are interested feel free to contact me in game on either Drakshal or Ardaric either in the wewantrp channel or via a whisper/in game mail and I'm sure we can arrange a meeting where we can have an IC chat or if you see Ardaric in character feel free to speak to him, he won't bite if you impress him.

Forum Member
Officers I feel will help with recruitment and organising events that revolve around the storyline, I would appreciate it if there was input. Due to the fact of the timezones I won't be able to run it by myself without serious repercussions with my sleeping patterns and work. However I will try to do as much as I can for the guild that much I can promise.
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Sounds alright, I'll dig up ilvan from my char list, remove the dust from him and I'll contact you ingame soonish.
Broken dreams I’ll follow mine to the end of my borrowed time.
I’ve been walking down this road too long got my bags packed and I hit the door.
Then I make a stop at the liquor store cause my will is weak but my whiskey is strong.
Jump to :