1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69&sid=998bbdabcc490defc30de5cb458c887f&start=10
Veteran Poster
view posts by this user Offline
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Your attention is drawn to the impressive figure of an armored paladin on horseback approaching you at a slow canter. The paladin brings a gauntleted hand to his helm, raising the visor. The lines around his eyes betray his years spent in the saddle, yet it is the look in his eyes that speak to the true weight those years bear on him. The horse canters closer, each hoofstep landing with precision and care. Finally, the paladin murmurs softly to his mount and the horse comes to a stop. Without a word the paladin reaches down into his saddlebag, withdrawing a scroll tied with dark blue ribbon and sealed with blue wax. The paladin smiles as he extends the scroll to you, pressing it firmly in your hand. He then gives you a quick nod before reaching up to once again lower his visor. As your eyes drop to examine the scroll the paladin urges his mount on with a quiet word, his cloak billowing behind him as he gallops away. The seal breaks easily and unrolling the scroll reveals a map and directions written in long, flowing script. You have been invited to journey to the Valorhold. The Vanguard of Valor has called upon you!

The Vanguard of Valor is one of the oldest and steadiest roleplaying guilds on Darkmoon Faire, with almost three years of existence. We are known for both our plentiful events and our ability to conquer some raiding feats, while still remaining a casual, relaxed guild for adults. If you are looking for not only a temporary guild, but a home where you can feel comfortable and really a part of the guild, then the Vanguard might be the right place for you.

What do we offer you?
    Active, adult member base to chat, instance and otherwise interact with
    At least one weekly RP event
    At least one weekly raid (varying from all of the Northrend ones to the occasional Old Skool run)
    Lots of questionable humour, both IC and OOC
    The best damn officers on all of Azeroth*

What do we require from you?
    You are at least 18 years old
    You are a roleplayer and understand we are a roleplaying guild (this includes respecting the Realm Policies)

What do we consider a huge plus?
    You are a teamplayer and able to consider others even in an Internet environment
    You are able to tolerate sometimes high amounts of questionable humour
    You take your time filling the application, especially the In Character section

Our policies
We are a roleplaying guild. Our guild chat is completely IC, smilies, leetspeak and brackets have no place in there. We have an OOC channel which is used for OOC purposes, so keep the guild chat clean of it. We do not want to see or hear of our members talking OOC in /say or /yell either, respecting the server rules is an absolute must. Each and every member represents the guild, so we want them to act accordingly. Be polite and treat others like you would like to be treated. We do not take reports of our members being rude, ninjaing items or disturbing the RP, lightly.

Have some patience when it comes to your guildmates. We are generally very helpful, but constant begging for boosts or items is not looked well upon. Understand that each and every member have their own lives outside of the game and inside of the game might have things they prefer to do first. No temper tantrums, even if no-one responds immediately when you need something. We want people who genuinely enjoy the company of fellow guild members and the time they spend with them.

This is a guild for people over 18, who also can act their age. So if you have the need to cause constant drama, be the centre of attention at all times and can't really think of anything else than your own needs, then this guild is definitely not the right fit for you. Treat others with respect and control yourself. Real adults can always discuss things with reason. We are not all serious, there is room for inane humour and friendly teasing, but everyone knows when the fun ends.

Contact Information
Contact Officers: Slashcat, Narcisa, Selta, Levian

Officers are happy to answer any questions you might have about us, be it about joining us or other matters like possible co-operation between guilds. The website is also a great source of information, do visit if you are thinking of joining us. Make sure to read our policies thoroughly before applying, and make sure you understand the concept of the half-IC, half-OOC application. Your application will never be public, but viewed by officers only. New members will be screened, vetted, and subject to a trial period. Your application will be the first contact to us, so make it good.

Thank you for your time!

*this information may or may not be slightly biased

[ Last edited by Slashcat on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total. ]

Grand Marshal of the Vanguard of Valor - Slashcat
Assistant to the Grand Marshal - Narcisa

http://www.vanguardofvalor.com - join us, or check out our events and news!
Saranini
A lovely new officer has joined our ranks, namely Levian!

So if ever you have any questions, you can turn to her as well.
Regular
Just wanted to say, great guild! Got a big amount of helpful and friendly members! ^^
If you're into heavy roleplaying and also enjoy some raiding aswell, this is the guild for you. ;)
Grand Master
  • < Shari Adune >
  • Grand Master
I was in random Pit of Saron today, when i noticed that the tank had a rather familiar guild tag. Moggud, I believe, a lovely person who was getting a lot of stick from the dps (not me though, I supported her dammit!) Eventually she felt she had to leave the group, and I was sad, but she was quite gracious when they were being rude. Hats off to this lovely dwarf.
For God's sake, let us sit upon the ground, and tell sad stories of the death of kings.
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie

Ferwyn wrote:
I was in random Pit of Saron today, when i noticed that the tank had a rather familiar guild tag. Moggud, I believe, a lovely person who was getting a lot of stick from the dps (not me though, I supported her dammit!) Eventually she felt she had to leave the group, and I was sad, but she was quite gracious when they were being rude. Hats off to this lovely dwarf.

Bloody maggits, give me the names of these dps so I can make 'em suffer. I'm the only person 'llowed to be mean to vanguardians >:[

Grand Master
  • < Shari Adune >
  • Grand Master
they were twassocks from Alonsus. cross realm hunting? I think so
For God's sake, let us sit upon the ground, and tell sad stories of the death of kings.
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie

Ferwyn wrote:
they were twassocks from Alonsus. cross realm hunting? I think so

Grab yer guns an' lets go.

Saranini

Ferwyn wrote:

Ah yes, That would be Yaku, the one with a million alts :D Yeah, she is generally not one to care about crap like that, and she is lovely! She tanks all our stuff, and she does a great job, so luckily, she knows her capabilities well enough to not let some random PuG people destroy her self confidence.

I'll tell her you said she was gracious! She'll love that!
Regular
  • < Vanguard of Valor >
  • Regular

Saranini wrote:

Ferwyn wrote:

Ah yes, That would be Yaku, the one with a million alts :D Yeah, she is generally not one to care about crap like that, and she is lovely! She tanks all our stuff, and she does a great job, so luckily, she knows her capabilities well enough to not let some random PuG people destroy her self confidence.

I'll tell her you said she was gracious! She'll love that!

Ooooh just noticed this.

Thanks for the nice words, but you should see me in full ranting mode, when DPS can't find their 1-2-3 keys with both hands and can't target right mob even if their virtual life depended on it.... which usually does if they don't turn their brain on. Love Shadowmeld :twisted: .

Unfortunately, I avoid tanking lately, it's just not good for my nerves and patience. I stick to DPS and healing, lot easier to kill just one person that way instead of wiping whole group that I usually need to do as tank (oops, sorry, my UI must have bugged *innocent look*). Sara is nice enough to put me in as a bubble spreader or face melter instead of as tank *hug*
Veteran Poster
Aaand the Vanguard has safely sailed off towards the Cataclysm! Want to be a part of the fun? Join today!

We have..

Great tacticians!

Noble humanitarians!

People delving into the wonderous world of Archeology!

People who.. deliver the good news!

Do you feel you could be a Vanguardian too?

Grand Marshal of the Vanguard of Valor - Slashcat
Assistant to the Grand Marshal - Narcisa

http://www.vanguardofvalor.com - join us, or check out our events and news!
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69&sid=998bbdabcc490defc30de5cb458c887f&start=10
Jump to :