1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=100&sid=9b5fabd47f0737d3facb738de1552bdb&start=10
Trixie
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I've been looking for an addon like that for a while now, one that actually seems to work, has any one tried it? Is it worth grabbing? Of course the hard part isn't finding it, it's trying to get guild members to use the darn thing. -_-'!

On a side note, does anyone still use GHI? I had it for a while and loved it, but after my computer wipe I'm debating on getting it again. If there's a decent amount of people using it then I'll grab it, but tis no fun if there's only three or four of us out there.
Avid adventurer
view posts by this user Offline
  • Avid adventurer
Well I'm planning on using it with our guild.
I'd say it's worth grabbing, yes. You do need to read the manual, because making your own quests can be a little long-winded (this is mainly because of all the details you have to fill in). But I imagine you get quicker at it over time, and having the quest pre-written in your head will help.

Actually doing quests that other people have made seems very easy indeed. You just connect to another person and then after that it works just like in-game quests do, really. So I pretty much expect my guildies to try it with us! Only if they are the kinda person who doesn't use addons at all will I take no for an answer!

I do still have GHI running but I haven't really been utilizing it lately. Mainly because I don't have much time to play with it :(
Trixie
I tried it out just now, made a simple quest to send Elizabelle around Stormwind annnnnnd.....I like it, a lot. Still worried about getting guild members to use it, but now my mind is filled with pointless quests to send them on. Mwehehehe!
Forum Whore
  • Forum Whore
It's awesome.

All that needs to be said.

How ridiculous and unrealistic is the man who is astonished at anything that happens in nature.

- Marcus Aurelius
Trixie
Forgot to add this: Miraene I think I love your guild even more then before, even though that seems impossible. :p
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
I know a few people who have been fiddling with it and have reported that it's really complicated. True/false?

Would be awesome to be able to give the Guard "actual quests".

Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
It's sort of complicated to make quests, but very easy to follow them.

As a GM, just make sure you follow the manual. It will become easier once you've made one or two quests and gotten the hang of it. I think the time spent will be worth it.
Forum Member
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Member
I downloaded this, but it's a tad confusing..

Is it still under construction, or something? I can't seem to get it working.
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
You gotta read the manual. It's not exactly self-explanatory.

Look in your addons folder for the manuals :) I believe there's one for GMs and one for regular players.
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
Gosh I do hate reading manuals!

I'll have a fiddle on Sunday I think. :P

Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=100&sid=9b5fabd47f0737d3facb738de1552bdb&start=10
Jump to :