Previous 1 . 2
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Ooo thanks Sara.
Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
WoW Addict
  • WoW Addict

Saranini wrote:
Speaking as a person who gets 5-10 whispers when she logs on, WIM is amazing. A separate chat window for whispers does not save me from countless miss tells sadly, WIM does. I have talked to GM's while having WIM a million times and I have no issues, I do not really see how they would get spammed? They never mentioned it to me at least, and when I whisper a person that does not have WIM, well... then it's just a whisper to them. Any way, for anyone juggling many conversations at the same time, this is an absolute godsend.

Ow and Alquanis, if you wish to log officers convos and such, use Elephant, it logs all chats.

Well this is a while ago. WIM might easily have been updated since to not do it, I can only reference what I have been told by GM's back then ^_^

I quite liked WIM, just got tired of having to turn it off. Then again I dont talk with a GM that often XD

Selfproclaimed Queen of Procrastination

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~ Ralph W. Sockman
Saranini

Lirien wrote:

Well this is a while ago. WIM might easily have been updated since to not do it, I can only reference what I have been told by GM's back then ^_^

I quite liked WIM, just got tired of having to turn it off. Then again I dont talk with a GM that often XD

Hihi, I was actually just coming here to go back on that statement since I had WIM turned off for the longest time, and it is quite possible that you are actually right and that I just never talked to a GM while having WIM installed :D
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict

Saranini wrote:
Hihi, I was actually just coming here to go back on that statement since I had WIM turned off for the longest time, and it is quite possible that you are actually right and that I just never talked to a GM while having WIM installed :D

WOAAAAOOOAAH, FOR THE LONGEST TIME.

Sorry.

WIM is updated pretty frequently - and it tells you when a new version gets released, with a nice pop up.

YES, it can record history, the problem being it can cause the mod to slow down your WoW what with having this memory on recall - use it at your own peril.

EDIT: And yes, Sara, I too am plagued by walls of spam when I log in. WIM tidies it up nicely, I'd like to see a pidgin ( http://www.pidgin.im/ use it, love it) like interface, with the chats on tabs in one window.

Before WIM, I did have a seperate window for whispers - this navigates the MT problem when faced with so many of them however, and is just a click between each chat. Try it for a week and see how you get on, is my advice

Anedill wrote:
No. I like girls. But this time it's about justice.

Veltroi wrote:
If somebody asked me to describe you Dan, I'd send them this picture
http://i.imgur.com/ncRW1.jpg
Forum Member
  • < Vanguard of Valor >
  • Forum Member
Cellular is a very nice alternative.

Features an additional whisper-window with tabs, colors and a nice little "ping" when you get whispered. Also shows you recent conversations.
Forum Member
  • < Blackmist Brigade >
  • Forum Member
I use WIM myself and have for a very long time now.
Never had any issues with it, and I never talk to the wrong people anymore!
It's simply amazing!

Gnome? What gnome? *Tosses a bag into the water*
Previous 1 . 2
Jump to :