1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=211&sid=4bde27c1ac977d15f37eb44313d9fad9&start=10
Site Admin
view posts by this user Offline
Site Admin
    Reply with quote Post a reply
After only played with this for a short time I thinkI like this!

Itss.......Oh hell here read your self... http://www.wimaddon.com/wiki/Main_Page

Regards,

Jezzybell Lightsprocket

- brackets (( )) make me want to beat people to death with their own life bar -
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
Ooo shiny. Going to have a play with this tonight, I think!
Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
WoW Addict
  • WoW Addict
Just one problem with it.

I used it for a while and it was great. The GM's just kept telling me to switch it off when I talked to them because it was spamming them crazy.

Selfproclaimed Queen of Procrastination

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~ Ralph W. Sockman
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
Think I've seen a friend of mine use something like this. To me, it just seemed to make things more complicated. I normally just use an extra chat window dedicated only to whispers. Works fine for me.
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
Use it, love it.

You can also filter important/spammy chats into here, like WeWantRP when Telirion makes you lose the game for the nth time.

Anedill wrote:
No. I like girls. But this time it's about justice.

Veltroi wrote:
If somebody asked me to describe you Dan, I'd send them this picture
http://i.imgur.com/ncRW1.jpg
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Markus wrote:
Use it, love it.

You can also filter important/spammy chats into here, like WeWantRP when Telirion makes you lose the game for the nth time.

Damn you! Now I lost!
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
*Facepalm*

On a different note... can you use WIM to log chats? Certain conversations, particularly officer ones, that I'd quite like to be able to keep hold of.

Some IC stuff as well... was doing some interviews the other day and had to take notes of what was being said so I could write a report later on. Would be such a help if I could grab a logging addon.

Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer

Alquanis wrote:
can you use WIM to log chats?

Yes, well, definitely for whispers. Mine are logged by default because my memory is so bad. And I like re-reading funny conversations :D

I'm sure I saw an option, somewhere in WIM, of recording guild/party chat - but I haven't used it and I don't know if the option is available for all chat channels.

I do recall there being a command in WoW that logs your chat for a few minutes or something. Can't remember it now though :( It saves it to a .txt file somewhere in your WoW folder, I think.
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore

Amarthana wrote:
Think I've seen a friend of mine use something like this. To me, it just seemed to make things more complicated. I normally just use an extra chat window dedicated only to whispers. Works fine for me.

a 100% ditto

~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
Saranini
Speaking as a person who gets 5-10 whispers when she logs on, WIM is amazing. A separate chat window for whispers does not save me from countless miss tells sadly, WIM does. I have talked to GM's while having WIM a million times and I have no issues, I do not really see how they would get spammed? They never mentioned it to me at least, and when I whisper a person that does not have WIM, well... then it's just a whisper to them. Any way, for anyone juggling many conversations at the same time, this is an absolute godsend.

Ow and Alquanis, if you wish to log officers convos and such, use Elephant, it logs all chats.
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=7&t=211&sid=4bde27c1ac977d15f37eb44313d9fad9&start=10
Jump to :