WoW Addict
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Tusks and Horns >
  • WoW Addict
    Reply with quote Post a reply
I have some macros but they are very simple ones.

How do you build a complex macro that involves several actions to be used in combat? anyone who has a moment to give me a simple example, it would be much appreciated.

A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
Forum Member
  • Forum Member
Hullo,

Not quite clear what you're looking for - but anyways! Here's a couple I find handy...

Casting something at your focus... ("target=" has been replaced with just a "@" since the latest patch to conserve some macro space.
Code: Select all
/cast [@focus] SpellName

Using a cast sequence to cast several spells with the same button. You can have a couple of reset varibles to your cast sequence - such as time (any integer), target, combat etc. Could be usefull to use on buffs for example, to get a few more free action bars...
/castsequence reset=target SpellName1, SpellName2,

You can also have a macro with several spells which go off based on what modifer you have while activating it.
/cast [mod=ctrl] SpellName
/cast [mod=alt] SpellName2
/cast [mod=shift] SpellName3
/cast [mod=nomod] SpellName

Oh and mouse-over healing is wonderful as well! No need to target your wounded person just a quick mouse-over and boom goes the dynamite... I'm unsure of how useful it is for anything other than healers, though.
/cast [@mouseover] SpellName

If you have any specific enquiries I'd be happy to try to answer. I use a lot of macros and have fiddled with them for a while!

Cheers,
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
There's so much that can be done with macros, so it's pretty difficult to tell you something specific. At least, here's a list of most (if not all) of the Macro APIs (slash-commands) in the game. Just click on one to see what it does, and what to do with it. If you find anything interesting that you would like to know more about, but don't understand the site (it's explained pretty vaguely in some places, so i don't know how easy it is to understand), just ask and I'll try to look into it.

Also, here's a page with useful macros, and if you click the links on the page, you will be able to find class-specific macros as well, I think.
WoW Addict
  • < Tusks and Horns >
  • WoW Addict
thanks to you both!

I shall have to experiment and see if I can work this out then. It looks like they could be very useful.

A condition of complete simplicity
(Costing not less than everything)
Jump to :