•  Topic Outreach RP
  •   |  Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:02 am 
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
It's been said countless times what we need more of is public RP. However, many of us don't know what to RP, or where to RP it. Some feel awkward just showing up with no real reason to be in a certain place. Others have a hard time meeting new people. And others still have characters that simply do not fit in with the random RP crowd. While these excuses are understandable, it's time to defy what normally keeps us hidden in the shadows, and show newcomers as well as RPers outside our special channels or guilds that this server does have an RP pulse!

Events are awesome. Those who hold events are even more awesome. We've some really great people doing that lately, and many in the past we can credit to this. However, they take a lot more time to organize, and they tend to run a specific amount of hours (normally two). They tend to also be for a set amount of people, requiring sign ups, or a heads up. And as far as I know, we've not fully tried hosting them in starter zones. Most likely this is because events with specific things planned to happen on a specific timescale, and these plans may be disrupted by random players trying to grief.

But Outreach RP is not an event. It is a themed bit of RP for anyone who wants to join, at any time of a specific day. Anything can happen, as there are no set plans on what will happen, and anyone can attend.

If this actually gets off the ground, I'll be looking for suggestions for themed RP to place on this thread. If we can do one day a week for this, or every other week, I am positive that this will help our server reel in a few more RPers!

Public RP in groups have many pros:

* They can be spontaneous and fun (not scripted)

* They can interact with people outside the group to get them involved without having to tell a big story to get them up to speed.

* Even if we meet many griefers or haters, we can still have fun because we're still together with people we know.

* We can get others outside the closely knit community interested in RP!

* Finding those little gems of RPers that we never knew is a great reward. Some would say it's even euphoric.

* It brings us together even more as a community

* It increases a trust amongst us and teaches us patience with those of different experiences.

* It teaches us that not only our RP is the true way. It might just give us a better outlook on even the new RPers. And as long as we learn to not readily ignore the masses, we can simply by being there influence a new RPer's desire to improve--which further helps the server as a whole.

In the posts below, I'll be putting up the coming Outreaches and where they'll be held, as well as the theme involved.

EMBRACE THE AWKWARD! Try something new. Leave the comfort zone and enjoy the ride! That's what RP is about. And I truly hope we can all find our growing edge in the process.

[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
The very first Outreach RP will take place on Sunstrider Isle.

Some nobles and their entourage decided Sunstrider Isle is the best place to campaign for magister. It's quiet, out of the way of authorities, and does not attract the ire of the Spire. While the Spire has the final say on who gets in, the people can pressure a decision. You don't need to RP a noble to join. You don't even need to be a belf, though it's recommended.* Be creative! Come as a citizen supporting your candidate, or a guard or member of the entourage. Heck, even show up as a heckler and throw fruit at the speakers! No set script. No set schedule. The campaign itself doesn't have to take up all the time. Anything can happen.

When: Wednesday, June 20

Time: 16:00 (server time) It will run as long as we have interest. And by interest I mean even just one or two people if they're willing to walk around and RP with others.

*don't have a character that matches even this the tiniest bit? Roll another or use MRP to change the name and story.

[ Last edited by Sastri on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total. ]

[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
(reserved)

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
(reserved)

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
((thanks all who showed up. It went well! Now, let's just try harder next time on actually talking to the newcomers. Standing around and interacting just with ourselves doesn't include them. Otherwise, it went well.))

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
Okay, last Wednesday, we attracted a good eleven newcomers, and a few are trying RP for the first time as we speak. The very next day we attracted one more. Little by little we can repopulate the RP on this server, as long as we work together and make sure not to ignore--even if accidentally--newcomers who show up. Or anyone for that matter. The worst thing you can do is STAND there saying nothing. But if you're someone feeling left out of RP, that's also your job to not just stand there saying nothing either. Meeting people halfway is the point.

Our next Outreach themed public RP will take place soon. I just need to work out days and times that work. Probably expect a weekend gig.

Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
the next outreach themed RP was supposed to be today, but I'm eeling realy ill, so I'm going to postpone it, as I won't be able to dedicate well to this today. Sorry. I'll determine a new date soon.

Forum Member
  • Forum Member
Sounds Mega :D
Jump to :