Forum Member
view posts by this user Offline
  • Forum Member
    Reply with quote Post a reply
A brief Introduction:

First of all, I wish to introduce myself to all those who know not who I am (as I've been around for less then a week). I am an avid Role-Player who particularly enjoys World of Warcraft's light and humorous take on fantasy in general.
I have a considerable understanding of the Lore as well (having played all games in the Warcraft RTS series and having some experience with in-game lore and role-play).

In short: Hello everyone, hope to have a nice time here.

A description of the event:

The purpose behind an event is to make an open RP event in which virtually anyone can participate, have a nice little competition, spend some time with other Role-Players, enjoy a beautiful area to Role-Play in (Mulgore)... especially before Cataclysm hits.

It would also expose a few more players to Tauren lore, particularly the sacred Kodo hunt.

The event should go a little like this:

- At a given time all interested parties shall meet up at Camp Narache;

- An introduction speech is given explaining the Hunt and it's meaning (All IC);

- Hunting parties are formed (2-3 people);

- Since Kodos migrate across SEVERAL areas of Mulgore and are not stationary targets, the hunting parties will have to track and find Kodos to begin with;

- Finding a pack of Kodos is just the beginning, you need to hunt one down and bring back proof of your kill (Kodos drop specific items such as Kodo Meat, Kodo Thin Leather, etc.);

- The first hunting party to reach Thunder Bluff after a given time will have it's members declared "Mulgore Kodo Hunters" and will receive some minor rewards (The community factor is what matters here, bring low-level friends if they are in need of some items) as well as a small celebration in Bloodhoof Village in their honour;

Simple enough yes?

Races allowed: All of them, allow me to explain:

- The purpose is for this to be an open event where everyone can participate in regardless of level or race;

- Orcs and Trolls (to a lesser extend) share similar hunting rites with the Tauren, the Darkspear Tribe has, particularly, learned much from the Tauren people (see: Nature Worship and future Druids in Cataclysm);

- The Blood Elves and some Forsaken (to a lesser extend) would probably enjoy the opportunity to demonstrate their unique skills before the "Kalimdor Barbarians", and some might even do it to prove their alleged "superiority".

Note: The Alliance are, for obvious reasons, excluded from participating (The IC reasons would be political tension and the fact that it would compromise Mulgore's security)

IC and Flavour Text:

The Tauren roamed the Barren wastelands of Kalimdor for many decades, a proud nomadic race with many customs, amongst the most prized of these, for all tribes, was the Kodo Hunt.
This tradition lives on to this very day, as many Tauren continue to undergo the hunt for the sacred beast.

Their place within the Horde has allowed their culture to be exposed to their allies, their outlook on the world is shared by the Orcs and respected by the Trolls, their hunting rites are part of what is shared as well.
Being a race of little words but of heroic deeds and decisive actions, they seek to test not only themselves but their allies as well.

In their recently established home, Mulgore, a few Tauren, amongst them the Hunter Shadehoof, wish to share a sacred Hunting Rite with their comrades in arms, even those who are so only out of convenience, they invite all to Mulgore, to participate in the Sacred Kodo Hunt, and earn the most honourable title of "Mulgore Kodo Hunters".

Who knows if perhaps the hunt will earn certain individuals a greater respect for the Wilds and the Earth
Mother's children

Time and Date:

August 14th, 19h (7pm) Server-time

PS: Possible use of GHI and/or MyRP/FlagRSP as added extras, but the add-ons will not be required to participate.

[ Last edited by Shadehoof on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total. ]

Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
This looks like a fun event, as soon as you've decided on the date, I'll be putting this up on our guild forums :)
Regular
  • < Dark Elders >
  • Regular
Tauren RP! Hoooooo--

In other words, can't wait. Idea's good, altough Mag's probably going to throw a fit "pinskins and pointears on -my- homeland" and the likes.

Besides that, I already want to see more.

It doesn't feel, it doesn't think
It doesn't laugh or cry
All it does, from dusk till dawn
Is make the soldiers die
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie
Mog'jai will be there.
Brainless troll knows nuffin' bout hunting, he just ants to eat kodos!!

Forum Member
  • Forum Member
Glad to see all the support.

Date has been confirmed.
Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
Added to our forum and ingame calendar, unfortunately this clashes with my work shift, so I won't be there personally, but I hope someone comes there to make sure Mog doesn't make us all look like crossdressers.
Forum Junkie
  • < The Dark League >
  • Forum Junkie

Zugfar wrote:
but I hope someone comes there to make sure Mog doesn't make us all look like crossdressers.

"Yah sekrets be safe with Mog'jai."
*nodnodnod* "Now, can hims borro yah eyelinah?"

~sadly, imma still having trouble with the damned machine and getting reinstalled. it's unlikely mogjai an' hims bright red dress will be there :[ . Annoyin' i'd kill to see some olde horde Rp eventzz!!~

Forum Member
  • Forum Member
Well it's very difficult to keep a date for the event that everyone can attend to, since this event will repeat itself in the future I don't think it will be a problem.
Forum Member
  • Forum Member
Event is on TOMORROW, at 7pm (19h) Server time
Jump to :