1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1650&sid=6cfafb92e75851c7e873ead0220f6d31&start=10
WoW Addict
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
    Reply with quote Post a reply
WHERE: Silithus Desert, Southern Kalimdor
WHEN: 20:00, Saturday the 27th

This is the beginning of a long running plot (Yeah, we've heard that before!) that should be peer with the wonderful plot that Sastri ran last year. This is the classic story - Good Guys Vs. Bad Guys. The Bad Guys are all characterful, deep and plotted with their own agendas and reasons for doing what they're doing. They're as likely to double cross each other as they are to attack you! Some rule with an iron fist, others get what they want by honeyed words, but suffice to say, no matter how this pans out, there will be blood on the desert sands.

What makes this different?
If you've ever played a Roleplaying Game on a rainy Sunday such as Dungeons and Dragons or such, with a storyline and villains, then this is what you can expect. I've given the past 2-3 months thought as to what I'd like to happen. At the moment, as Leader of the Eburi, it has been involving friends close to me and my guild. However, I'm very keen not to keep this in house. I want the server involved, I want voices. Consider me more a judge, a director, for how the plot pans out. The Actors have the roles to play, and the writers can move it in any direction.

You will be expected to show your strengths AND weaknesses. Making difficulty check rolls to get through the traps and pitfalls that may lay in your path. Boss fights a plenty, you shan't be bored!

What do you need?
I need active, interested parties to get in contact with me. If you want your Hero or Heroine to get involved, let me know. We'll find a role for you. All you need to have in advance is a desire to fight the Twilight Crusade. No sparkling vampires, as we all know that's what they plan!

What if you're a little bit evil? What if you've got plans of your own? What if you just don't fit in to this? Then, my friend, you can help me more than ever! I need such people to fill in roles as minor plot characters. Some might be re-occuring, others might be the henchmen we expect to fall in droves before our heroes. I will try to ensure everyone gets a good rotation. While I can fill these roles myself, I can only be one person! The more actual characters our Heroes can face, the more enjoyable the experience.

How often?
Depending on character interest, I can run weekly or fortnightly. I will require at minimum 5 characters to attend before I will run any plot, and half of the number of heroes should be villains.

Example: I have 9 heroes showing up, before I will run the event I will need 4-5 villains.

This helps to ensure everyone has something to do, and a role to fill.

Okay, I'm interested
Great! Contact me on MSN at mflashheart@hotmail.com in evening hours (6pm to 10pm by gametime.) or send me a PM on the boards.

REMEMBER: This isn't about me or the Eburi, this is about Darkmoon Faire. Let's show the larger realms that we have just as much bite and community spirit to make them envious.

Anedill wrote:
No. I like girls. But this time it's about justice.

Veltroi wrote:
If somebody asked me to describe you Dan, I'd send them this picture
http://i.imgur.com/ncRW1.jpg
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Very excited now!

If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun.”
C.S. Lewis
Forum Member
  • Forum Member
Sounds interesting.

I may just take you up on that. :)
Master Poster
  • < The Crimson Ring >
  • Master Poster
It does indeed sound interesting, and I'd take part only if I wouldn't be working in stupid hours and days for the next two months :(
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
This kicks off tomorrow! Yay!

Anedill wrote:

Veltroi wrote:
Veteran Poster
  • Veteran Poster
Is tonight!!!!

Is it 20.00 server time btw?

If men had postponed the search for knowledge and beauty until they were secure, the search would never have begun.”
C.S. Lewis
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
Yes indeedy. Muster at the Cenarion Outpost

Anedill wrote:

Veltroi wrote:
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
Sorscha has very kindly offered to provide summons for us. Tonight's events will take place in AQ's ruins.

Hope to see you all there!

Anedill wrote:

Veltroi wrote:
Avid adventurer
Kinda regret not being able to be there. Don't suppose anyone could post a brief summery of what happened? Some people seem to be pretty sad... Granted I have no idea if that's because of the event or not
The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
WoW Addict
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • WoW Addict
The event went well!

We had 9 goodies to 4 baddies. The baddies, Xelcius, Mirfallen, myself and Mir's Husband were brilliant and fitted the roles perfectly. The rule system we have in place, when moderated by myself, worked well and had an active, forward moving combat that allowed for healing and other funky stuff.

Two prisoners were taken, and Farlin has gone missing in action!

I cannot stress how much fun team evil is. Randomly throwing together costume and a funny idea to have them mowed down by Good guys, great! At one point I had a human pretending he was a wolf-master, then going "Oh bugger" when the Eburi turned up in force!

More detailed reports will be found in my diary soon enough, once I order them written!

Anedill wrote:

Veltroi wrote:
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1650&sid=6cfafb92e75851c7e873ead0220f6d31&start=10
Jump to :