1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=917&sid=7055c22882e06117153fd15e72bc7ab1&start=10
Saranini
    Reply with quote Post a reply
As you enter Stormwind you hear the rustling of paper below your feet. You look down to find a pamphlet stuck to your shoe. Upon picking it up, your eyes focus on the picture. You see a gnome and two elves surrounded by children with a wide grin on their faces. The poster reads;

Does the suffering of the young ones bring a tear to the corner of your eye? Have you always wished you could give them something, to make their childhood even happier than yours ever was? Have you lacked the courage to step up and make a difference?

Hesitate no more! The Vanguard of Valor is hosting a Date Auction to support the important work of the Stormwind Orphanage. Offer whatever experience you feel able to provide up for auction, or come and see if there is something for sale that would catch your interest. All the funds gathered will go fully to the Orphanage. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do good and perhaps even find a new friend, or more!

OOC;

This event will take place on Friday, the 16th of July, in Stormwind. What we need!
- People who offer themselves up for a date. You will be auctioned off, the audience will be able to bid on you. You may choose to highlight the fact that you are great at doing dishes or knitting, and someone may buy you for such a purpose as well. It does not have to be an actual date.
- Audience naturally. You can either be just a spectator, or you can bid on people.

Beware! When you buy someone, or when you get bought, you do commit both IC and OOC to spending an evening, a day, five minutes, etc, with each other. Of course OOC you may always decide to pass on that. But by default, you will see your purchase through until the end

Money. There will be no actual exchange of money. We do not wish to earn gold, and since there is no way to actually give the money to the orphanage, it will all be roleplayed. However, we do ask you to respect your char here, and roleplay in general. Since you are not limited by your actual funds, you can of course bid 10.000 gold on a random dwarf, but that would not really be very 'realistic' (unless you are bidding on Saranini, she's worth that amount), so please try to show a little restraint.

Any questions are more than welcome! If you do not mind being sold, please throw Saranini/Selta, Narcisa/Slashcat or Levian/Arlans a whisper ingame, or a mail. If you are going to be sold, we just need few lines from your char highlighting its amazing character traits. People who have requested calendar invites for VoV events will be invited, no worries.

Location!

Avid adventurer
view posts by this user Offline
  • Avid adventurer
I'll take the small child with the pretty bow-tie.
Are you looking at the signature, or is the signature looking at you?
Forum Whore
  • Forum Whore
Just gonna repeat what I said on the DMF forums.

Oh, if only I could find a reason for Ilathion to go to Stormwind, or indeed to spend money to help Human orphans.

How ridiculous and unrealistic is the man who is astonished at anything that happens in nature.

- Marcus Aurelius
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer
Can I bid for an elf or draenei in maiden outfit? : D
"Life sucks. And then you die" -Zhaanus Marodamus
Saranini

Marodamus wrote:
Can I bid for an elf or draenei in maiden outfit? : D

If such people will be present, sure! But I doubt anyone will do that outfit thing...

OW! And illypilly, it's not in SW, logically it would be, sadly many lolboys, and while I 'blablabla open to the community blablabla', yeah, not gonna open it up for lolboys yet again. But I'll have a location by tomorrow for you all!
Veteran Poster
  • < The Dark League >
  • Veteran Poster
Do it somewhere neutral and you might get a friendly forsaken visitor.... Thought you might never see his date again... but at least the orphans get the money eh?...
Saranini
LOCATION!

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af3 ... uction.jpg

I will also add it to the first post.
Regular
That picture looks shopped.

Perhaps, perhaps...
Avid adventurer
  • Avid adventurer

Saranini wrote:

If such people will be present, sure! But I doubt anyone will do that outfit thing...

Damnit

"Life sucks. And then you die" -Zhaanus Marodamus
Veteran Poster
Tonight is the night! We have several very interesting people up for "sale", so make sure you get your buttocks to Stormwind tonight at 8 pm, or you will be cursing your forgetfulness for four to six weeks. Challenge your survival skills on a date with Malonnie! See if you can be the one to out-drink Selta! Do you want to know where Slashcat goes when she wants to get away from it all? Join the auction and you might be the one to experience these things!
Grand Marshal of the Vanguard of Valor - Slashcat
Assistant to the Grand Marshal - Narcisa

http://www.vanguardofvalor.com - join us, or check out our events and news!
1 . 2 ./viewtopic.php?f=14&t=917&sid=7055c22882e06117153fd15e72bc7ab1&start=10
Jump to :