1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1705&sid=24ef11aaa077c7f1c40b2bbe82a30d5a&start=10
Donor
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Donor
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Harhar. After not drawing for six years, I suddenly decided to pick up the pencils.

This scetch of magnataur was the result.

Constructive critisism wanted...! But be gentle <3
...Whoa oO That's pretty awesome. I LOVE the pencil shading on that, but then I love pencil sketches in general :)
http://reformedmarysue.wordpress.com/
ACE
  • ACE
Thats lovely. The perspective and depth on the tusks is perfect and great shading and rendering overall. You get textures with pencils that digital fails to capture. Amazing piece. :D
cryptfever.deviantart.com
Donor
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Donor
Thank you. :)

I was missing a scanner when I was transferring this to digital format, so this is actually a digital photo of a drawing. Some of the details were already lost, and I noticed that uploading it to imageshack seemed to lessen the quality even more...

Anyways... I myself see quite a lot of what could go even better; shading on the other horn could be a little darker, hair could be more detailed, placement of the eye is what it is... But still, I am relatively happy about it. After all those years of non-drawing, I seem to be able to do it still. :)
Forum Whore
  • < Wanderlust >
  • Forum Whore
Well that's something alright :D
~Spread love and knowledge
You can now find me on Steam or OpenCommunity as Lelling, or in Guild Wars 2 as Lelling/Cyan Vei ^^
Master Poster
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • Master Poster
  • Website
Holy mother of god, why did you stop drawing?!
Avid adventurer
That looks great, you dummy. You shouldn't stop drawing if you have that kinda talent. The reason I don't draw much is because I can't dish out things like that. Your neglection of your own skills actually insults me!
The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
D: Be honest now, is there actually something you can't do?
Steam - Ivar284
Donor
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Donor

Ridrick wrote:
That looks great, you dummy. You shouldn't stop drawing if you have that kinda talent. The reason I don't draw much is because I can't dish out things like that. Your neglection of your own skills actually insults me!

Don't be insulted! Here's a goblin for you. <3

Model for this one was Mr. Bucksworth.

Nirash wrote:
Is there something that you can't do?

Plenty of things...!

But thanks, that comment made my day. :)
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
((I will be watching this space from now on. For someone who hasn't drawn for 6 years and returning, you have seemed to avoid the rust some end up with after taking so long a break. These are great pieces, Dita. Greyscale sketches for me are far more dramatic than colored. I agree with Sor on account of the texture mastery here. I also love the clean lines.))
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1705&sid=24ef11aaa077c7f1c40b2bbe82a30d5a&start=10
Jump to :