Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1705&sid=6ef60dc31ed161fa22e33cfe691bfbf2&start=30
Regular
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Skull marks the treasure >
  • Regular
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Would love to see one off Dita though
The only sign of intelligent life out there, is that it hasnt tried to contact us yet.
Grand Master
  • Grand Master

Kessew wrote:
Would love to see one off Dita though

QFT.

Also, parrots are always piraty. :(

Steam - Ivar284
Donor
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Donor

Kessew wrote:
Wow, thats....wow.

So beautiful!

Ta! But is it at all what you've thought her to be?

I read your MRP description, and it mentioned that she's "tall, scrawny looking troll" with ice blue eyes. So I made her quite thin?
Regular
  • < Inconspicuous Inc. >
  • Regular

Ditá wrote:
Correct! Ten points and parrot-medal for Brid! :) (That's a saying in Finnish...)

Out of curiosity, I looked it up. It must have been one hell of a children's TV show in order for a catchphrase to make it into the general lexicon of colloquial terms over there.

Anyhoo, back to the drawings. You took a break for six years and came up with these? I can only imagine what awesome things you'll come up with when you're back in the pencil-drawing groove, so to speak. If anything, you should be giving yourself thousands of points and many parrot stamps/medals. Nice work. :)
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
Kess is perty for a troll! :) I never thought I'd say that about that race. hehe. Well done, Dita! Just how I'd imagine her to be. Keep it up, love!
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Regular
  • Regular

Ditá wrote:

Kessew wrote:
Wow, thats....wow.

So beautiful!

Ta! But is it at all what you've thought her to be?

I read your MRP description, and it mentioned that she's "tall, scrawny looking troll" with ice blue eyes. So I made her quite thin?

Its really rather spot on. The tusks her perfect, the eye color really spot on to. Face could be alittle softer, but actually like that look on her. Has a kinda sad but potential smile there.

All in all, i really really love it.

The only sign of intelligent life out there, is that it hasnt tried to contact us yet.
Donor
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Donor

Look! It's a pony!

No, really, it's supposed to be a spheare. This is a shading excercize from a very good site I found and used to brush up my drawing skills. They've got plenty of good tutorial videos for free.

If anyone knows how to remove the tones from the paper from the background (I'm using GIMP for the digital editing) I'd greatly appreciate. I tried noice reduction with selected gaussian blur, but I'm not too satisfied with the result.
Donor
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Donor
So! Here's more of the WoW stuff.

RP notes:

This is Erra.

Erra is my longest played character and I love her dearly.

Erra is a very gentle healer-druid, which I tried to capture in the picture. She's a loving mother, dear wife and fine example of a female tauren.

I've always said, that playing taurens is an inner thing. I still hold it as true.

Curiosities:

Have you ever wondered what taurens look like when their hair is _not_ bound on those thick rope-like braids? Well I did, and this is a little how I imagined it to be.

In general, I hope to show things in drawings I cannot see in the polygon world. Having tauren mouth closed (!) is one of those things. For an artist, it's a tad difficult, as there are no ready-made models for them. But that's part of the fun, isn't it?

I took artistic liberties with her nose. I've always hated the tube-like noses taurens have, so I took a picture of a real cow, and made her nose more like it. I like the result.

Technical notes:

Gaah... I apologize for starters with the poor quality of transferring the picture to digital format. Being on Hawaii means I'm lacking a scanner (again!) so this is essentially a photo of a picture. Drawing is prettier IRL.

I learned a lot about drawing fur an hair when doing this. I'm currently quite slow when it comes to drawing and it took me three nights of drawing to finish this. ("Honey! You want to come to pool to drink tropical coctails?" "No, I want to finish Erra's picture...!" But being able to take the time to draw is a holiday-thing for me, so no loss there. And I'm going to have my coctails, don't you worry.)

This is as close to photo-realism as I can do at the moment. Still, there is room for improvement; always is.

There were other noteworthy things as well, but I can't recall them now. Anyways, I welcome all comments and especially constructive criticism. It helps me to develop myself, so be honest.
Regular
  • Regular
Wow, she is really pretty and so is the drawing.

Keep it up, some really amazing stuff right there!

Donor
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Donor
Haa, thanks! \o/
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1705&sid=6ef60dc31ed161fa22e33cfe691bfbf2&start=30
Jump to :