Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1705&sid=58bd0b3800a3780cfa01b4bb014dc5b1&start=50
Forum Whore
view posts by this user Offline
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
    Reply with quote Post a reply
:o *runs and hides*
[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Veteran Poster
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Veteran Poster

Brídget wrote:

Ditá wrote:

Ridrick wrote:
These sketches are incredible, Dita. Blizzard would probably upload them to their fanart section and then thousands of people could see them!

Ooh, I don't know... *Hides drawings to the drawer shyly*

The artistic level of those drawings is quite a lot higher than mine, I'm afraid.

Maybe in the future, when I've developed a little. But for now, I'm taking it easy and just enjoying creating things.

....look at the Erra picture again. Seriously. IT WOULD GET ON THE SECTION.

It also sounds like you have an unofficial nod from most of wowgamer for you to draw whatever player character you want xD

.. I'm totally not hoping for that or anything. /nod
Regular
  • < Inconspicuous Inc. >
  • Regular

Khakin wrote:
.. I'm totally not hoping for that or anything. /nod

Oh, we weren't suggesting such things at all, Chief! Honest!

That said, I'd love to see people's artistic interpretations of my characters. As would pretty much everyone else, I'd imagine. ^_^
Forum Whore
  • < Alternate >
  • Forum Whore
I wouldn't!

*coughs*

Nope. Not at all

[Eltharis Sunglaive] says: Sastri...you better not have sex with my runeblade...."

A writer values a compliment even when it comes from a source of doubtful competency. --- Mark Twain
Donor
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Donor
This is a study of Khakin.

First, I started with pencil drawing.

Then I added some ink.

And finally, I added some touch of color.

Which one is best, and why?
Avid adventurer
Hmm... I reckon you are at your prime when you're using pencils and doing those textures. In the ink images, some of the detail is lost, in the fringe for example. At the same time however, the colour adds a new depth to the image which only colour can.

Either way, the images are pretty stunning, as usual.

The Nickelbolt Emporium will not be held responsible for any harm that falls upon you following use of company merchandise.
Regular
  • < Inconspicuous Inc. >
  • Regular
For me, the pencil sketch looks the "cleaner" of the three, having the best compromise between detail and clarity. While the coloured image is nice looking (as is the inked version), the vividness of the colour does sacrifice some of the subtlety of the pencil shading. Either way, good work on all three, Dita. I'm sure there's a very happy Chief lurking about somewhere. :D
Master Poster
  • < Eburi Knights >
  • Master Poster
  • Website
I'm inclined to agree with Adraea and Ridrick. While there's absolutely nothing wrong with the ink or colour drawing, the shading and subtleties of the pencil drawing are just somehow.... more fitting.
Avid adventurer
  • < Clan Bladewind >
  • Avid adventurer
I agree with the points made about the pencil one, it looks amazing :D

But personally I like the coloured one most. the colour makes it more vivid and I love inks in general. So a colour picture with ink lines (Or at least, lines that look more like ink ones than pencil shades) are my favourite.

Adraea wrote:
I'm sure there's a very happy Chief lurking about somewhere. :D

I might have detected the sound of a little squeal of joy in his text when he saw it..

Keep up the good work Dita! :D

Adraea - "It seems Kayra has some points in Elven Subterfuge!"
Grand Master
  • Grand Master
I honestly love the inking one. It looks somewhat.. rough, as you'd expect form an orc. I just love the feeling it has to it. If someone told me it was cut out from a comic or somethin', I'd believe them without hesitation.

Keep up the good work! :D

Steam - Ivar284
Previous 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 ./viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1705&sid=58bd0b3800a3780cfa01b4bb014dc5b1&start=50
Jump to :