1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1376&sid=d128ea7ba848eb58f844a668972117ee&start=10
Regular
view posts by this user Offline
  • Regular
    Reply with quote Post a reply
Yes, despite being on this realm for..2 weeks now i think. I have yet to actually immerse myself back into the wonderful world of RP. Moreso to the point of the RP on this server.

This has mainly been due to the fact that both Cataclysm and my moving from Earthen Ring have somewhat changed my prioritys. However given that it's the start of the new year soon i figured i'd give RP on this realm a go.

Essentially i'm creating this topic to ask for advice on things concerning this server, like channels to join concerning Roleplay or OOC matters. Guilds to avoid or not avoid for what reasons. Current rulings in effect. All that kind of thing, all be assured i'm not starting RP off at new. I've been roleplaying for 3 years i think, i've been a guard, magister, noble, commenor, farmer, bar owner, bar patron, writer, critique, fashion guy, fashion girl... And a variety of other things.

But alas, i'm rambaling. I suppose i'll start off with..

Best way to get into the RP feeling on DMF?
Channels to join?

Merry-Happy New Year.
LFRP has good RP sporadicly, but mostly it's quiet.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
Best way to get involved with DMF RP.

1. Keep an eye on WoWgamer and the realm forum for events.
2. Emote something, if even just a nod as you walk past other characters. (I don't know about everyone else but a nod from someone I haven't bumped into in-game before tends to make me go "HALT! NEW RP'ER. MUST RP WITH IMMEDIATELY" accompanied by a girlish squeal of delight.
3. Just other general "attracting RP" things that I'm sure you know already.

Channels

LFRP - IC channel based in a tavern like environment.
WeWantRP - OOC channel. Assume it still exists. I left some time ago due to constant unpleasantness. :P

Guilds to Look out for

The Phoenix Guard - Elite military guild. We'll only be hanging around Silvermoon until the New Year, however, when we return to duty over in Kalimdor where we're currently based in Desolation Hold.

The Eburi Knights - Argent Crusade based military guild who have taken over New Heathglen as their base though are also frequently in Silvermoon.

House of Sin'Drathir - Noble House guild based largely in Silvermoon (though I believe they're dabbling in Kalimdor activity with their House Guard too). They occasionally throw parties which are always quite entertaining.

The House of Val'Dearas - Another noble guild now linked via marriage to House of Sin'Drathir.

The Dark League - Forsaken, military guild largely based in Tirisfal though they skip about most Forsaken areas like the merry bunch they are!

Skull Marks the Treasure - A guild for all races and those wishing to play adventurers, treasure hunters, greedy merchants, archeologist and historians. They don't have a base as far as I'm aware but I might be wrong!

Tusks and Horns - Mostly a "Old Horde" guild (trolls, tauren and orcs) but accept all races.

That's just Horde guilds that immediately leap to mind. I generally don't blacklist guilds but I'm sure you'll discover the less reputable guilds for yourself pretty quickly.

Alquanis Firesong
http://www.phoenixguard.co.uk - Recruitment is Open!
Regular
  • Regular
Extensive!

Something i don't see much of these days, thank you for the information. Something i will certainly be doing first is joining a channel. Although, my second question i suppose:

'Role-play Hubs' - Essentially, where people convene most days and are most likely found. Silvermoon is big which is both good and bad, good due to the large area to RP in. Bad because it's too large to confine a RP hub to. Are there other locations? Smaller?

Another question would be: Is there a record keeping area? Like a wiki dedicated to Darkmoon Faire IC matters, or character historys. Something to delve into to learn more of the servers history.

As an example, Earthen Ring had it's wikia. In which people wrote character historys. In both an IC and OOC manner. Meaning historical events were recorded.

Besides that, i'll work on roleplaying in areas i'm aware of. Hope to see you all!
And 'lo, the salvation to your doubts.
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
You're most welcome. :)

As for hubs, Silvermoon is definitely the first one that comes to mind generally the Bazaar and the Royal Exchange but I generaly patrol the whole City and see what I stumble into. As with most servers, Wayfarers (Inn between Bazaar and Walk of Elders) is to be avoided.

Tirisfal was once a bit of a hub but I'm not sure that's the case now there isn't really an inn there.

Alquanis Firesong
Regular
  • Regular
Hm. Is the bar/tavern/pub in Murder Alley occupied? As in, in an RP context. Like someone owns and runs it?

If not, could that be something that would be nice to have?

A dap hand with GHI's i be.
Regular
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Regular
The salubrious Silvermoon inn? I don't think anyone claims it. It's where the Guard drinks ( Wayfarers is infested by Deathwings grandson and demon hunters). I'm sure any innkeeper would achieve a good rapport with the Guard (and a full pocket of gold, the amount of patronage it gets from thirsty Guards!)
Regular
  • Regular
Well, previously i'm used to running establishments and guilds that work on event creation. So it'd be something i have -some- experiance in. The only thing i'd need however would be people to assist running it. As i'm not on everyday.

:/
Forum Whore
  • < The Phoenix Guard >
  • Forum Whore
I'd probably suggest using a building that doesn't have a drink vendor already or that isn't already established as an RP base. The upstairs of Fairbreeze, perhaps? We could do with a frequently open, player run tavern. :)
Alquanis Firesong
1 . 2 . 3 ./viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1376&sid=d128ea7ba848eb58f844a668972117ee&start=10
Jump to :